Talk

Advanced search

Christmas themed display in M&S today:16th Sept

(76 Posts)
areallthenamesusedup Wed 16-Sep-20 13:35:25

Just that really, tad too early me thinks....by about 2 months at least!

I know there are bigger issues out there at the moment....failure of COVID testing system, asylum seekers being demonised, wild fires.....I could go on, but really...... do not dress up a Percy Pig in a Santa hat in September!

OP’s posts: |
linerforlife Wed 16-Sep-20 13:43:16

The online Christmas shops from John Lewis, matalan etc are all that's getting me through at the minute. The sound of a Percy Pig in a Santa hat made me smile smile Usually I would say it's too early, but considering we are unlikely to be with our extended family at Christmas which is v upsetting, I'm going to squeeze every other drop of joy out of the season...even if that means starting now.

skippy67 Wed 16-Sep-20 13:44:26

Only 100 days to go!grin

Stripesgalore Wed 16-Sep-20 13:45:33

Many people are sorting out all their Christmas shopping early due to Brexit.

Thisismytimetoshine Wed 16-Sep-20 13:45:35

I'm going to squeeze every other drop of joy out of the season
Well, we all are. But it's still basically summer 🤷🏻‍♀️

Laaalaaaa Wed 16-Sep-20 13:45:42

Not a minute too soon.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Wed 16-Sep-20 13:48:26

Love it, I've been stocking up my decorations for months, and I've nearly done all my shopping too.

Looking forward to this festive season so much.

Felifox Wed 16-Sep-20 13:50:30

There were mince pies on sale yesterday! People were buying boxes of Roses and Quality St.

SummerHouse Wed 16-Sep-20 13:50:31

Good. Love you M&S ❤️

littlemsattitude Wed 16-Sep-20 13:50:40

Too early,way to early. We are having brilliant summer weather and Christmas is a long way off.

Sirzy Wed 16-Sep-20 13:50:47

Well this year I plan on buying as much in advance as I can do I know that whatever is happening with the wider world we can still hopefully have a somewhat normal for us Christmas at least

gettingusedtothelimelight Wed 16-Sep-20 13:52:05

@Felifox Unfortunately my tub of Heroes hasn't made it to Christmas 😂😂

newsyoucanuse Wed 16-Sep-20 13:52:56

We're still swimming in the sea every day, Xmas couldn't be further from my mind... wish they would do what the Yanks do and wait til the end of November before banging on about Xmas. I guess that's cos they have Halloween and Thanksgiving to get through first though.

Sirzy Wed 16-Sep-20 13:53:15

gettingusedtothelimelight

*@Felifox* Unfortunately my tub of Heroes hasn't made it to Christmas 😂😂

I had to sample one of the tins of lindt from Tesco last week. Just to ensure they met standards obviously

loutypips Wed 16-Sep-20 13:55:56

I'm hoping to get all my shopping done soon, incase of a second lockdown.
It's only 100 days away...

orangenasturtium Wed 16-Sep-20 14:02:01

The Christmas department in Selfridges normally opens in July (not sure about this year). I guess to cash in on the summer tourists. Now that is too early...

TheDuchessofMalfy Wed 16-Sep-20 14:03:22

I think it’s because people really need something to look forward to and focus on other than COVID- shops are going to want to exploit this!

2020isnotbehaving Wed 16-Sep-20 14:04:55

This year it will make sense. Given you could be put on local lock down at start of December with 24h notice. No shopping slots available and trying to panic buy Christmas!

AnneOfCleavage Wed 16-Sep-20 14:05:00

Sirzy did you say a tin of Lindt chocolates? OMG how have I missed this. How much is this please and what flavours?

Sirzy Wed 16-Sep-20 14:05:59

AnneOfCleavage

Sirzy did you say a tin of Lindt chocolates? OMG how have I missed this. How much is this please and what flavours?

£10 in Tesco, it’s a mix of flavours

AnneOfCleavage Wed 16-Sep-20 14:21:12

Thanks Sirzy I'll take a look. Can't beat the original flavour but i do like the fruity ones. Not so keen on the coconut or white chocolate ones so I guess it depends what flavours are in the tin.

I love anything to do with Christmas so not fussed about seeing it in the shops now although haven't bought any gifts as yet. Winter themed duvets go on mid November through to February as lovely brushed cotton with penguins etc so not Christmas per se but feels good.

Nottherealslimshady Wed 16-Sep-20 14:23:17

Roll on Christmas!

Nikori Wed 16-Sep-20 14:23:44

We put our decorations up yesterday.

Not really.

Soapysoap Wed 16-Sep-20 14:30:14

Oh bugger off. We need something to look forward to

DidoAtTheLido Wed 16-Sep-20 14:34:42

Yes, M&S selling Christmassy boxes of slices of Christmas cake... use by date end of Oct.
2 months before Christmas.

They are very late with the Halloween stuff though, no sign of that grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in