Talk

Advanced search

When will the day come when the majority of people look back and say

(50 Posts)
Doyoumind Sat 08-Aug-20 23:45:20

"How the fuck was Mrs Brown's Boys ever prime time viewing?" like they do with a lot of old shows?

Don't get me wrong. I know a lot of people are already asking themselves this question but a lot of people seem to watch and enjoy it, as I understand it.

OP’s posts: |
GrimDamnFanjo Sun 09-Aug-20 01:08:57

You know I've never seen it but I've noticed it's pretty controversial. Gets a lot of critical acclaim but is quite divisive.

Bloodybridget Sun 09-Aug-20 01:15:44

It seems to be on every time DP and I switch the telly on, and we find even a few seconds of it completely unbearable!

Smallsteps88 Sun 09-Aug-20 01:18:18

I know a lot of people are already asking themselves this question

So the day has already come then.

CaptainCorellisPangolin Sun 09-Aug-20 02:23:01

I can't say I'm a particular fan but I don't get the massive outrage on MN about it.

Watdafark Sun 09-Aug-20 02:49:10

It's shite, always has been.

PhilCornwall1 Sun 09-Aug-20 03:43:06

I actually quite like it.

It's shit, but funny. hmm

OnceUponAPotato Sun 09-Aug-20 03:59:03

Can’t stand it, and am confused about how often it’s on, given it seems I have to actively avoid it and turn it off frequently, rather than just not watch it!

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 09-Aug-20 04:00:21

It is the worst thing I've ever seen. I like terrible comedy, I like offensive comedy. Mrs Brown's boys is just shit. Not funny, not clever.

isabellerossignol Sun 09-Aug-20 04:01:22

I've seen about 30 seconds of it and that was enough. It was just painfully, embarrassingly awful.

blubberball Sun 09-Aug-20 04:03:52

I think me and my df tried to watch an episode once. We are fans of comedy overall. Stand ups, and classics like Bottom, the young ones, red dwarf, Blackadder, only fools and horses, Alan Partridge, Father Ted etc...

We couldn't make it through an episode of Mrs Brown's boys, and no one was laughing.

thaegumathteth Sun 09-Aug-20 04:05:49

I've always been totally confused by its success

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 09-Aug-20 07:38:05

I watched 5 minutes of the freeview information page in preference to Mrs B’s Boys yesterday.

megletthesecond Sun 09-Aug-20 07:39:57

I already am. I watched 5 mins once and was in despair at what was trying to pass for comedy.

TheAquaticDuchess Sun 09-Aug-20 07:40:54

I don’t get it at all - the second it comes on I switch the tv off, I can’t see how anyone finds it funny! I know different strokes for different folks and all that but I don’t understand it in the slightest.

rainbowsandrage Sun 09-Aug-20 07:41:00

I can't stand it. It's not even funny. My parents, on the other hand, (mid 60's) find it absolutely hilarious.

KatherineJaneway Sun 09-Aug-20 07:41:23

You could say the same about Coronation Street.

Ponoka7 Sun 09-Aug-20 07:44:45

I'd rather we saw the day when we said "how the fuck did the Sun/Daily Mail" be best selling Newspapers.

I'm not a fan of MBB, but there's a, lot of what I'd consider, crap telly, especially reality stuff that seems to just mess up the contestants mental health. From what I've read of MBB cast, they are all decent people who back local charities and causes.

I don't get why it's singled out, either. Is it because usual BBC watchers think it's beneath them?

Ponoka7 Sun 09-Aug-20 07:45:33

Or attracting the 'wrong sort ' to the BBC?

sunnysidegold Sun 09-Aug-20 07:46:38

I'm from NI. And I am so embarrassed that the rest of the UK sees this programme as what must be our best attempt at comedy.

I'm fact, I'm pure affronted (to use a good ni phrase!).

StealthPolarBear Sun 09-Aug-20 07:57:28

What's wrong with it? I will have to watch it to see what it's all about

Sorryusernamealreadyexists Sun 09-Aug-20 08:03:36

One of the worst things my eyes and ears have happened upon in the 30 seconds I accidentally watched it once confused

RabbityMcRabbit Sun 09-Aug-20 08:06:32

@sunnysidegold nah, NI's best attempt at comedy is Derry Girls! Absolutely bloody hilarious x

anguauberwaldironfoundersson Sun 09-Aug-20 08:09:06

I watched the live stage show years ago, before it was on TV and became mainstream. It was just easy going slapstick comedy.

I've watched all of two minutes of the TV show and wanted to claw out my eyes. It definitely isn't the same

FilthyforFirth Sun 09-Aug-20 08:12:04

I will never understand its success for as long as I live. Truly, truly horrific.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in