Talk

Advanced search

To think that I can walk donw the road in a huge group of people and not get mugged

(11 Posts)
kneehighinnappies Mon 01-Oct-07 11:11:55

On saturday night after a gig, I was walking down the road towards the train station, in a big group of people, who had all attended the same gig.
When a boy of 19/20 who could bearly speak English, walked up to me and snatched my camera out fo my hand!angry

I shouted at him a couple of time "Give me my camera back!"

And he shouted back in a very very agressive way "back off, back off"

I thought wel sod this , he may have a knife, gun or something, plus the fact that a couple of other lads had joined him, my sister ran down the road after them trying to take a picture of them and shouting all the time "HELP HELP we've just been mugged"

No one around even flinched or stopped to look, they all just walked on.

We then called the poilce, who turned up very quickly and we did a drive arouund.

I called my dh up and told him what had happened, he said "well why did you take the camera out with you?"

BECAUSE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK DOWN THE ROAD WITHOUT GETTTING MUGGED!!!!!

themoon66 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:16:08

God, poor you. Are you ok? I would be shaking like a leaf.

meemar Mon 01-Oct-07 11:18:07

Poor you - horrible thing to happen. Of course you should be able to walk out without being mugged, but of course you know that.

Hope you aren't too shaken, and well done for not having a go - it could have turned out much worse.

themoon66 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:20:39

Even if the criminal gets caught, what's the worst that could happen to him? He knows he is 99% likely to get away with taking what he likes off you. At odds like that it's kind of understandable.

Baffy Mon 01-Oct-07 11:21:47

shock at your dh's reaction!!

but agree with meemar that you did the right thing in not pushing it too far, you never know what could have happened

sorry to hear about this though, it's awful sad

kneehighinnappies Mon 01-Oct-07 15:09:11

baffy- my dh reacted as any dh would he asked if I was alright and even offered to come pick me up.
the point I was making was that he asked me why I had taken the camera out, he shouldn't have to ask that there shouldn't be a reason for me not to take it out!

Thank you all for your concern, I am fine a little shaken and very very very angry
I have lost lots of baby pictures, that I will never get back.

Baffy Mon 01-Oct-07 15:42:36

Wasn't meaning to be offensive - but I could only go on your op and all you said was

'I called my dh up and told him what had happened, he said "well why did you take the camera out with you?" '

You never said he was supportive etc so it came across as he somehow blamed you for taking the camera out. That's what I was shocked at.

Just to be clear smile

lucyellensmum Mon 01-Oct-07 15:53:46

kneehigh, i am so sorry that you had to go through that - terrible state of affairs, totally agree that you should be able to walk out unhindered. angry and sorry about the pictures, i know exactly what you mean about that, totally paranoid about losing my phone as it has pictures of my father on it and he is no longer with us. Dont use that phone anymore so fairly safe

kneehighinnappies Mon 01-Oct-07 16:00:02

that's fine baffy, I didn't take it as offensive, just didn't want my dh to come across as an arse.
he's lovely grin

SKerryMum Mon 01-Oct-07 16:03:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IdreamofClooney Mon 01-Oct-07 16:24:38

God you poor thing - that is awful

I am shocked that no one in the crowd of people helped you, that is almost worse than a mugger taking your camera!

YOu never really think about it until it happens to you and it is awful. I had my bag stolen recently and I am still so angry that someone stole my bag and got all my stuff and that nothing will happen to them wereas I had to go through no end of hassle.

The worst thing is losing photos that you can't replace, I had lovely photos of DS in my phone that was stolen and I am so sad to have lost them.

Awful thing to happen to you. Is mace spray illegal in the UK?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: