Talk

Advanced search

to have a little cry?

(31 Posts)
Bridecilla Wed 15-Jul-20 23:49:31

We're supposed to be getting married on Friday - obviously that's not happening and we've postponed until next Summer

I've been really positive and sensible up until tonight but I'm really fed up and upset so I told DP that I feel sad. He gave me a cuddle and I had a little cry... until Dp asked why I'm upset and now I'm cross and sulking.

He says I should have been more clear and said "I'm sad because our wedding that's supposed to be in 2 days time has been cancelled" I think it shouldn't take a fucking psychic and that me prodding him to say that I'm upset and the timing should be enough

To be clear, I love the bloke. We've been together years and I so wish we were getting married in 2 days. I just want a little vent and a cry

OP’s posts: |
Bridecilla Thu 16-Jul-20 12:34:23

@SarahBellam it's booked and paid for hence the postponement. When I'm feeling practical we might do that but today is the day before what should have been our wedding day so today I'm sad.

I'm not weeping on the floor, I'm just sad.

Thesheerrelief Thu 16-Jul-20 12:37:57

I feel for you because of course it's sad you can't get married tomorrow. However, YABU to expect your partner to know why. Your detailed conversation just made me cringe.

Ughmaybenot Thu 16-Jul-20 12:46:44

YANBU for being upset, at all, but YABratherU to be annoyed with DF for not knowing exactly why you were upset at that point. But I also don’t blame you and I can inclined to be the same.
It’s hideously disappointing for you, I can only imagine. DH and I were meant to be best man and bridesmaid at a wedding last weekend but of course, it’s been postponed. There’s nothing anyone can really say to make it less rubbish, so it’s natural to feel very sad x

MummyGoingItAlone Thu 16-Jul-20 12:49:47

It’s a man thing! 3 days after I gave birth (forceps and episiotomy) I had a little breakdown because I was in pain and my now ex asked me what was wrong 😳

Bridecilla Thu 16-Jul-20 13:21:15

@IndiaMay ours was due to be a really laid back so in an open barn with beer and sunshine and dancing.

@Thesheerrelief cringe? Oh well - I know there's a lot of you on here that think relationships should be totally black and white and that all interactions should be pre thought out. In the moment I just hoped for a little upset solidarity

Thesheerrelief Thu 16-Jul-20 13:26:38

As I said, I get that you're upset and it's a sad day- totally understandable. But it seems your fiance tried his best to empathise with you without you giving any info. Poking him in the leg and asking if he wants to know why you're upset is like trying to wheedle the sympathy out of him! As someone said above communication is key in relationships.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in