Talk

Advanced search

..in thinking that fashion designers should show an incy wincy bit of responsibility?

(7 Posts)
jojosmaman Fri 28-Sep-07 16:49:45

..Worried about the influence of size 0 models on young girls? How about size zero models smoking?

www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/S2008RTW/complete/slideshow/DSQUARE?loop=0&event=show1622&des igner=design_house210&iphoto=41&play=false&cnt=48

She looks about 14 as well.

belgo Fri 28-Sep-07 16:57:06

you're right, photos like that have a huge influence on teenage girls.

Bouncingturtle Fri 28-Sep-07 17:10:14

Absolutely - the fashion industry are kidding themselves if they don't think images like this have a strong influence on young girls.

whiskeyandbeer Sat 29-Sep-07 15:21:44

personally i think yabu, it's up to parents to raise their own kids and tech them morals and values.

law3 Sat 29-Sep-07 15:36:16

dont have any girls, all boys. Lots of things have an influence on young girls and boys, unfortunately thats the world we live in, its not all sweetness and lollipops.

Would agree that parents have a great influence on young girls and boys and should address the balance.

jojosmaman Sat 29-Sep-07 18:32:05

Yes of course, parents/ guardians are ultimately responsible for influences and morals etc (hence my title "incy wincy") but why do fashion designers think it is necessary to do this? Would it have made a difference to sales if they didnt? No, so why do it? There are huge amounts of girls in particular who I believe are influenced, either consciously or sub-consciously by what they see in magazines.

law3 Sat 29-Sep-07 19:14:41

jojo - i can see your point, its not necessary at all.

Unfortunately, thats life for you, people do stupid unnecessary things, as parents the best we can do is to try and make sure we encourage our children to think for themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now