Talk

Advanced search

To ask whether you’ve ever done this during sex...

(131 Posts)
Pollstrox Mon 13-Jul-20 18:19:58

Recently started online dating after being divorced for many years. I fall in to the “old” category and during my marriage my sex life with exDH was nonexistent, so I’m fairly out of touch. I’ve recently met a new man who is a fair bit younger than me and sexually we are having a wonderful time. Recently he’s suggested I could ‘pleasure’ him anally by inserting a finger or even using some sort of toy to stimulate his prostrate.

According to him, this is very common nowadays and very popular with men. I’m wondering if this is true?!

My exDH would have been horrified if I’d have done such a thing and to be honest I had no idea that men even had a g spot! AIBU to ask how many of you have tried this and/or do this regularly with your OH?

OP’s posts: |
funnylittlefloozie Mon 13-Jul-20 18:21:32

What do you mean, the 'old' category? Do you mean you see yourself as old? Why?

thecatneuterer Mon 13-Jul-20 18:23:01

Well it's definitely a thing, and a fairly common thing at that.

howsicklyarsekissy Mon 13-Jul-20 18:23:16

Yes it's normal x

ShouldWeChangeTheBulb Mon 13-Jul-20 18:23:56

It’s always been a thing

Pollstrox Mon 13-Jul-20 18:24:04

@funnylittlefloozie I’m over 55 so certainly feel old to be online dating. I’m aware that I’m a little out of touch sexually so was interested to know whether this is considered normal now!

OP’s posts: |
chunkyrun Mon 13-Jul-20 18:25:16

No such thing as normal when it comes to sex. What is important is what you feel comfortable doing

TheQueef Mon 13-Jul-20 18:28:33

Two minutes while I type out my experience of sticking things up blokes arses.....

CaptainCorellisPangolin Mon 13-Jul-20 18:28:47

Doesn't matter whether it's normal, it matters whether you're comfortable doing it. Personally, I wouldn't want to insert my finger into anyone's anus.

SimonJT Mon 13-Jul-20 18:28:58

Everyone likes different things, but you should only do something you feel comfortable doing.

Its part of our standard sex life, but we’re gay so its different.

MissConductUS Mon 13-Jul-20 18:31:26

This has always been pleasurable for men if done gently and correctly. The men who are horrified by the idea have the silly notion that it somehow indicates that they're gay.

Idontlikewednesdays Mon 13-Jul-20 18:33:17

CaptainCorellisPangolin

Doesn't matter whether it's normal, it matters whether you're comfortable doing it. Personally, I wouldn't want to insert my finger into anyone's anus.

He’ll no, me neither 😩

Enchantmentz Mon 13-Jul-20 18:35:06

Met a few men that like a bit of attention there but I would say don't do it if you aren't comfortable and instant rejection if it isn't sparkling clean.

FaceOfASpink Mon 13-Jul-20 18:35:45

Oh dear lord

Callipygion Mon 13-Jul-20 18:35:49

Well I was just watching an episode of The Yorkshire Vet and he was sticking some sort of probe up a ram’s bottom to stimulate the prostrate to collect a semen sample! (Probe looked sort of like a hair curling wand - if you want a visual prompt 😊) I was amazed but it worked, the ram seemed to enjoy it! The size of their testicles though ....! Just .. wow! 😳

thepeopleversuswork Mon 13-Jul-20 18:38:17

I don’t think there’s any such thing as normal tbh. There’s what you - and he enjoy - and what you don’t. If you don’t want to do it, don’t.

Therunecaster Mon 13-Jul-20 18:39:14

The Yorkshire Vet and he was sticking some sort of probe up a ram’s bottom to stimulate the prostrate to collect a semen sample! (Probe looked sort of like a hair curling wand - if you want a visual prompt 😊) I was amazed but it worked, the ram seemed to enjoy it! The size of their testicles though ....! Just .. wow!

Well that's me put off me tea! grin

ComeOnBabyPopMyBubble Mon 13-Jul-20 18:41:42

Well it's nothing unusual, but if you're not comfortable with it , it's irrelevant really.

Just because he likes and it's not that "out there" doesn't mean you have to do it.

Stompythedinosaur Mon 13-Jul-20 18:41:51

I don't think that's an especially new thing for men to find enjoyable, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I can't see how it's any more disgusting than a blowjob.

heartsonacake Mon 13-Jul-20 18:42:06

Yes it’s common, men have a prostate and they find it very pleasurable. A lot of them, like your exDH, are scared that enjoying it would make them bi/gay, so they pretend to ignore it.

It doesn’t matter if it’s common or normal though, it matters whether you’re interested in partaking in it.

Ivalueloyaltyaboveallelse Mon 13-Jul-20 18:43:27

I’m youngish but luckily DH has never wanted me near his anus thank goodness, it’s not something I’d be comfortable with. I know lots of others do tho so not judging.

Justaboy Mon 13-Jul-20 18:43:36

Its not to much to arsek;?..

022828MAN Mon 13-Jul-20 18:45:19

There's no such thing as 'normal'... Bum fun for men is common.

Thehop Mon 13-Jul-20 18:45:56

I wouldn’t be comfortable doing it but if you are then it’s perfectly fine! Just be clean, gentle and talk to each other!

StuffThem Mon 13-Jul-20 18:45:59

It's a no from me!

I don't think it's very commonly asked for - by which i mean I've never been asked for it !

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in