Talk

Advanced search

To want to say something to nasty Dad?

(14 Posts)
DeedeePickles Thu 27-Sep-07 22:48:11

DD had a school friend over to play this afternoon. I know her mother quite well, but know the father by sight only. The child mentioned in conversation that her daddy couldn't remember my name and had given a description of me to the child's mother to confirm my identity. It was really the most cruel and hurtful description I've ever heard, and was definitely something the child had overheard and was repeating.

I am so hurt and have been thinking about it all evening. DH has been sympathetic, but says I have over reacted and should forget it.

I feel bruised and angry. Obviously I don't blame the child, but should I let on that I know what he has been saying?

I have to face the mother tomorrow who will not know that I know.

sad

DeedeePickles Thu 27-Sep-07 22:57:02

Oops have posted this thread twice. blush.

See (identical) other thread

chipmonkey Thu 27-Sep-07 23:07:37

DeeDee, I can only see this thread, not the other! You poor thing! If it were me, I'd probably say in a jokey way "Oh, I hear that you were able to recognise me because I look like.....add nasty description" That way they'd know they'd been caught out.
Was it so bad you couldn't repeat it without getting upset?

Happynow Thu 27-Sep-07 23:12:30

Deedee - what was the description? I'll make you feel better ... honest!

DeedeePickles Thu 27-Sep-07 23:20:46

OK, here goes...

Is that the woman with long hair, puffed up lips and dry old skin.

I've said it.

elesbells Thu 27-Sep-07 23:22:52

have posted on your other thread.

he is an arse!

DeedeePickles Thu 27-Sep-07 23:28:06

Have also been thinking of some childish retorts...

King Kong wants his arse back
Your face is like a slapped arse

that kind of thing.

Obviously I wouldn't use them...

chipmonkey Thu 27-Sep-07 23:37:53

Oh, DeeDee! he is the king of arses!angry
Nasty little man!

glitterchick Fri 28-Sep-07 09:57:19

That description could apply to majority of mothers down at the school (me included). Don't be upset Deedee - what a pig.

choosyfloosy Fri 28-Sep-07 10:15:21

shockWhat an unpleasant personality he must have.

Most people can be described in a lot of different ways. If you picked the worst aspects of my looks and described them in these terms you could crush me, irrespective of what I actually look like or am like as a person. Funnily enough most human beings choose not to do this.

I don't really have any advice - I don't think there's much to be done when you are up against this kind of stuff. I think I might broach it with the mum to try to prevent it festering with me, if your children are friends.

Massive sympathy.

themoon66 Fri 28-Sep-07 10:18:29

Angelina Jolie has 'puffed up lips'. Worry not.

snowleopard Fri 28-Sep-07 10:22:25

This is horrible for you - but if it was me I wouldn't say anything. He is obviously very tactless and shallow, but to be fair he didn't intend you to hear it. And if they find out that you did hear it, there will just be horrendous embarrassment between all of you for ever, which isn't great for your DCs being friends.

Of course it hurts but it will fade - dust yourself down, walk tall and don't give an arse what he thinks. He doesn't know you and doesn't have a clue.

snowleopard Fri 28-Sep-07 10:24:34

BTW I don't think YABU for wanting to say something. I would want to go round, slag off his appearance and give him a good slap to boot. I just don't think it would help!

DeedeePickles Fri 28-Sep-07 12:55:22

Thanks for advice. Think I'll take the 'walk tall' option. Just don't think I have it in me to be spiteful to him and deal with the fallout afterwards.

He doesn't know about my other qualities, nor shall he find out now. Life is too short to have crappy friends.

Missed seeing the mother this morning (good), but might see her this afternoon at pick up, then by Monday I'll have forgotten all about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now