Talk

Advanced search

To ask, does anyone have sex like they do TV dramas?

(158 Posts)
Millicent10 Wed 08-Jul-20 20:50:48

During lockdown I’ve been watching The Affair, it’s a great drama but I am wondering if the sex reflects anyone’s real life? Even before 4 x children I don’t remember sex like that on tap 24/7, starting to wonder if I’ve missed out. I don’t even fancy Dominic West but I feel a bit upset that I’ve never been in a relationship like this.

OP’s posts: |
whatshebininagain Wed 08-Jul-20 21:14:45

Watch too much American TV and you'd think every woman had sex wearing a perfect matching undie set.

JustaScratch Wed 08-Jul-20 21:20:55

I've not seen that programme but I have had a couple of relationships where the sex has been very, er... dynamic. They were memorable but the relationships weren't any more rewarding in themselves. Very happy with DH now and our sex life is definitely not like the movies. grin

temporarygate Wed 08-Jul-20 21:41:05

The Affair sex was weird as I recall. Weren’t they permanently shagging while both sat up?

forrandomposts Wed 08-Jul-20 21:42:20

What do you mean by 'sex on tap'? Not seen the programme but are you asking if couples really have lots of sex all day type of thing?

Kittykat93 Wed 08-Jul-20 21:43:18

Yeah I sometimes think this.. I Dont think most peoples reality is like that.

Wetdogloveshubert Wed 08-Jul-20 21:43:32

Yes grin but post-DD my libido took a nose-dive and it's never quite recovered.

TheLightSideOfTheMoon Wed 08-Jul-20 21:44:46

There's a lot of sex at work on television.

At work I generally have other stuff to be getting on with.

JamesTKirkcompatible Wed 08-Jul-20 21:48:06

haha @TheLightSideOfTheMoon
"Well we could do it in your office, but we both know we've got a call with the Paris team at ten, does that give us enough time? Or can we push it back?"

LunaNorth Wed 08-Jul-20 21:48:15

Like on TV?

Never take my bra off - nope
Have an orgasm at his third thrust - nope
Wear a full face of makeup - nope
Don’t bother with protection - nope
Arch my back a lot - nope
Grab my perfectly laundered white sheets to show I’m enjoying myself - nope

Ohtherewearethen Wed 08-Jul-20 21:51:29

It's all the ridiculous breathing and lip nibbling that gets to me. I just hope they've had breath mints and a puff or two of their inhalers before each scene.

DressingGownofDoom Wed 08-Jul-20 21:53:17

Like when the bloke pushes the woman up against the wall, snogs her, 3 seconds later manages to insert his penis without dropping his trousers or needing help finding where to guide it into. Then he thrusts for a bit and they come at the same time, 20 seconds later? No I haven't had that kind of sex but it does look appealingly efficient.

DressingGownofDoom Wed 08-Jul-20 21:53:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpillTheTeaa Wed 08-Jul-20 21:54:16

Never seen the affair but my bra does come off I can't sleep in one anyway!
It's not that good I grab onto my bed sheets! That's all very over the top grin. It makes me actually cringe when people bite their lip trying to be all seductive. If I did that my DP would probably ask if I'm hungry.

NataliaOsipova Wed 08-Jul-20 21:55:29

I haven't had that kind of sex but it does look appealingly efficient

😂😂😂

SpillTheTeaa Wed 08-Jul-20 21:55:32

Also notice these woman can be pretty much folded in half. I get cramp way too easily for that shite!

Roominmyhouse Wed 08-Jul-20 21:55:59

It’s the way they just roll off/over when done and lay there or go to sleep. No clean up!

Northernsoullover Wed 08-Jul-20 21:57:09

Has anyone ever been successful shagging against a wall? (asking for a friend blush)

VictoriaBun Wed 08-Jul-20 21:58:08

Haven't watched that programme, but in tv and in films, it always looks very ' energetic ' and takes up a lot of space in bed / rooms etc.
Not in this house !

SpillTheTeaa Wed 08-Jul-20 21:59:24

It’s the way they just roll off/over when done and lay there or go to sleep. No clean up!

This exactly! I always think, is she going to go for a wee orrrrr

popcorndiva Wed 08-Jul-20 22:00:33

It's the throwing the woman onto the nearest desk/table pushing all the contents on the floor. Would no one else think they afterwards that will be a nightmare to clean up.

SickOfNorthernExile Wed 08-Jul-20 22:01:37

@Northernsoullover

Yes.

But i was 3 stone lighter than I am now and super fit. He was 6 foot 5 and super fit.
It was very good.
Afterwards we both said we hadn’t actually managed to do that before, and remarked on how cool/filmworthy it had looked in the mirror. grin

Not good enough that I could be bothered now though.

IwishIhadaMargarita Wed 08-Jul-20 22:02:29

I have fitted sheets, I’m not fannying about trying to put it back in place afterwards!

forrandomposts Wed 08-Jul-20 22:02:32

LunaNorth

Like on TV?

Never take my bra off - nope
Wear a full face of makeup - nope
Don’t bother with protection - nope
Arch my back a lot - nope
Grab my perfectly laundered white sheets to show I’m enjoying myself - nope

See that's the demonstration that we're all different!

Never taken bra off - yes
Wear a full face of makeup - yes
Don't bother with protection - yes (I was stupid)
Arch my back a lot - yes!
Grab my perfectly laundered white sheets - yes!
Sex sitting up - yes
No cleaning up/weeing - yes

TheMandalorian Wed 08-Jul-20 22:02:42

Anyone every successfully had shower sex without one of you getting cold or half drowned?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in