Talk

Advanced search

To fancy men with big bellies?

(110 Posts)
bigbellyliker Sun 05-Jul-20 09:58:25

I have a 'thing' for men with big bellies. Always have. DH has one. I'm always touching it, looking at it etc, I've no idea why I like it. 🤨🤨

I often worry that there's something wrong with me. I never, ever would attempt to manipulate anyone like those 'feeder' documentaries you see on TV. It's not about food, I just fancy men with big bellies in general. I know it's unhealthy to store fat there and I feel guilty about that. But I can't help liking it. It's like a fetish.

AIBU?

OP’s posts: |
draughtycatflap Sun 05-Jul-20 10:00:10

I just read this all the way through and then realised I’d read ‘bellies’ as ‘willies’.

Pelleas Sun 05-Jul-20 10:01:13

Each to their own! I'm the opposite - I like really skinny men, but it doesn't mean I would encourage a bloke to undereat (thin men always mysteriously seem to eat like horses).

BadAlice Sun 05-Jul-20 10:01:41

Does Greg Davies do it for you?

Each to their own and all that...

CluelessBaker Sun 05-Jul-20 10:01:53

YANBU for liking what you like!

SimonJT Sun 05-Jul-20 10:02:38

draughtycatflap

I just read this all the way through and then realised I’d read ‘bellies’ as ‘willies’.

So did I, I’m glad I’m not the only one with a one track mind blush

therealkittyfane Sun 05-Jul-20 10:03:24

We all like different things- I wouldn’t call that a fetish OP. Loads of people prefer rounder body shapes! Comfy!

Lockheart Sun 05-Jul-20 10:05:36

You're allowed to find whatever you want attractive, why do you think it's unreasonable?

JoJoHasIt Sun 05-Jul-20 10:07:37

That does change the thread entirely Catflap.

I’ve always assumed, possibly incorrectly, that people who are only attracted to bigger people are attracted to them because of reasons of control.

I think it’s different from other Physical attractions because the person can change that attribute and then their partner can use it as a reason that they don’t like them any more.

Most people in a relationship would want their partner to be healthy.

therealkittyfane Sun 05-Jul-20 10:08:57

Just thought... Are you talking about HUGE beer bellies? Or just nice round tummies?

The beer belly lifestyle would be a turn off.

BadAlice Sun 05-Jul-20 10:09:41

Having thought about this a bit more, I fancy men with muscular, veiny legs (ie. cyclists legs) and tiny waists. I wasn’t massively into that before I met DH. Is it just a kind of ‘I fancy my husband so fancy people that look similar’ type thing?

LaurieFairyCake Sun 05-Jul-20 10:12:01

I love a big hairy belly and Greg Davies is ideal 😍

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 05-Jul-20 10:13:51

I’m not attracted to the huge beer belly look mainly because I imagine it on a man with his T-shirt tucked into his jeans underneath it.

My DH has a very small bit of podge around the middle and I think he’s incredibly attractive. I like broad men. Not excessively skinny or overly muscly or overweight. Just broad.

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Sun 05-Jul-20 10:14:04

Not at all unreasonable. You're leaving the 'ripped to fucking shreds' guys for me smile

Bluntness100 Sun 05-Jul-20 10:15:12

I like men who are big, as in carry some extra weight and look very masculine, The rugby player look, I find thin men deeply unattractive. However I don’t fancy fat tummies as such.

If it’s focused on someone’s tummy that does sound like a bit of a fetish.

ConnellWaldronsChain Sun 05-Jul-20 10:15:32

Well there's plenty of them out there so it's just as well someone fancies them!

You can't really help what you find attractive so YANBU

I can't think of anything worse than being crushed by a man's huge beer gut personally but each to their own

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Sun 05-Jul-20 10:16:17

I have liked this look as I have aged (probably to match my waist line)

I find Greg Davies very attractive 🥰

Not beer bellies it’s more an all over weight gain a sturdy look 😁

Mumoblue Sun 05-Jul-20 10:16:34

To each their own. I prefer skinny guys over round or beefy guys. There doesn't seem to be any reason, you just like what you like.

CheshireDing Sun 05-Jul-20 10:17:49

YABU OP

Big bellies no !

No big muscley arms (like Mark Wharlberg)😋

CheshireDing Sun 05-Jul-20 10:18:38

Now not no !🙄

SimonJT Sun 05-Jul-20 10:20:29

Pelleas

Each to their own! I'm the opposite - I like really skinny men, but it doesn't mean I would encourage a bloke to undereat (thin men always mysteriously seem to eat like horses).

Me too, I somehow took it to the extreme and ended up with someone who literally doesn’t have arm muscles 😂 Despite being very slim he is very very greedy!

bigbellyliker Sun 05-Jul-20 10:20:36

@JoJoHasIt "most people in a relationship would want their partner to be healthy" . I do. That's exactly why I feel guilty/conflicted about it.
It's definitely not a control thing for me, I just like the look and feel. A lot.
I am always touching and looking at DH belly, but I never mention anything about food or diets etc and he does most of the cooking. Sometimes he exercises and i encourage him in that.

@therealkittyfane
Anywhere between little pot belly and absolutely huge, yes. blushblush

OP’s posts: |
SerenDippitty Sun 05-Jul-20 10:22:09

I like hard lean men. Not to keen on overinflated looking muscly types.

therealkittyfane Sun 05-Jul-20 10:22:16

Like this OP?

LunaNorth Sun 05-Jul-20 10:22:39

I love a dad bod, me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in