Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to wonder whether there will be wraparound care in September?

(7 Posts)
WillyNilly00 Tue 30-Jun-20 19:54:17

If schools will be sticking to class bubbles of 30 what will happen before and after school? The wraparound care at dc school has around 50 children per session, from preschool to year 6, I haven't got a clue how this would work, can anyone shed any light?

OP’s posts: |
Fedup21 Tue 30-Jun-20 19:56:31

I don’t see how it can run. There will be no point in having bubbles if they do?

Sunnyjac Tue 30-Jun-20 20:33:01

Agree with Fedup, no point in wraparound if bubbles are maintained. Doubt Boris has given it any thought, too busy focusing on fines for parents!

SandysMam Tue 30-Jun-20 20:37:18

This is exactly why we have each dropped our hours to cover the kids. DH is not happy about it but I am NOT having the problem of childcare falling solely on me while he swans off to work without a care in the world.
Women will be the true victims in all of this, so many will be giving up job as childcare will just be too difficult.

missingmum Tue 30-Jun-20 20:38:06

Good question op!
My child's school has had to furlough the breakfast and after school club staff, my job have been great by letting me work school hours and I'm very fortunate to have the summer holidays off.

God knows what I'll do come September if they are not providing breakfast / asc

All the childminders in my area are fully booked and have huge waiting lists.

Piixxiiee Tue 30-Jun-20 20:39:38

We've been told by after school club that's run by a private nursery that they probably wont run the first half of the term.....

NoIDontWatchLoveIsland Thu 02-Jul-20 13:36:36

Honestly? I think the govt will abandon social distancing/bubbles by then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »