Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast and after school clubs shut in Scotland

(4 Posts)
fedupofthisnow Tue 30-Jun-20 15:47:11

I am furious as it has been said that schools will no longer have breakfast clubs and after school clubs in Scotland.

This now means parents struggling to manage their working hours after already juggling this since March!

I'm just interested in others who may now be worrying about how they manage childcare, especially those who do not have family support to help.

I have continued to work throughout the Covid-19 pandemic as I am a keyworker and the constant up and down of whether schools would be part time/virtuoso has been so stressful.

I finally thought we had reached the point of being less worried and now this!

OP’s posts: |
Glitterkitten24 Tue 30-Jun-20 16:33:30

It’s a worry! I’m a teacher in a different Council to the one my children go to school in. I cannot drop my kids are one school and be ready to teach in another simultaneously, unless teleportation is invented and readily available by August!

Pleasenodont Tue 30-Jun-20 16:34:37

I’m just enormously lucky to be on maternity leave for the next year (kicks in from next month) so I don’t have to worry about this but my DC’s school are also stopping breakfast and after school clubs.

Pleasenodont Tue 30-Jun-20 16:34:59

Should add that I’m in England.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »