Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to tell me about an amazing Mum friend you’ve made?

(14 Posts)
Rainbowb Sat 27-Jun-20 23:32:58

It is so hard to make friends sometimes when you’re an adult and a parent. Just fancied hearing some positive stories about the wonderful mums you’ve met. I have a fantasy mum best mate who I think must be out there somewhere- she’s sarcastic, witty, imperfect, big hearted and doesn’t ask for childcare favours every two seconds! Would like to hear about some actual real life ones though!

OP’s posts: |
Iris27 Sun 28-Jun-20 00:11:49

I have got a great mum friend from when our kids were new born.

She can be late, opinionated, flakey, unorganised and infuriating but i will forgive these things because she's been an absolute rock when I've needed her and I'll never be able to repay her kindness when I most needed it. She's also funny, generous, interesting, intelligent and we share a lot of the same views. I love her.

Breckenridged Sun 28-Jun-20 00:14:51

I have 4. All very different women but all incredibly caring and generous of spirit. All role models for my daughter in their own ways. And one is the closest thing I’ve ever had to a sister.

Ludoole Sun 28-Jun-20 00:19:35

I met a lovely lady when our children became best friends at nursery. She invited us for a play date and we were inseparable for 13 years. She moved away unfortunately but we still chat now and talk to each other for hours regularly. She's my female soul mate

HornedBeefCash Sun 28-Jun-20 00:19:58

I met my mum friend when our children were at nursery. It was her ds birthday party and my ds was invited. We briefly chatted but there was definite friendship chemistry there. We swapped numbers and even after our dc went to different schools we stayed in touch.
Now our dc don't even see each other.
We go out, just the two of us, for nights out. We share so many common interests, she's a bad influence on me and gets me outrageously drunk and I've had horrendous hangovers after our nights out but we have the best of times and I love her dearly

Thornhill58 Sun 28-Jun-20 00:48:58

I'll be your perfect friend. I'm everything you described. I also don't need any child care 🤣
I have a few friends that are amazing we all have 14 year olds. They are incredibly funny, talented, adorable and I love them dearly. One of them is like a sister to me.
They are very funny women. Having our son was the key to make friends. It's like having a gang.

Rainbowb Sun 28-Jun-20 09:38:23

Aw these are lovely!

Di11y Sun 28-Jun-20 10:08:04

met my first when our girls were around 6-12 weeks and bonded over lack of sleep. girls are 6 now and in different schools but we still meet up regularly. other was behind me in the queue at pre school and lives 4 doors down. kids play regularly, we've swapped childcare, flour, hand me downs!

shellysheridan Sun 28-Jun-20 10:09:07

I met my mum friend with our babies were 2 weeks old at a breastfeeding group. We were both struggling, chatted for about a minute and swapped numbers. We then texted constantly and met up constantly through our maternity leaves. She was the most amazing support as our babies and now children always seem to go through the same phase at the same time! She only lives around the corner as well! We went on to have another child each and are godmothers of each other's second child. Our first children are born a day apart and have been in the same class from nursery throughout primary school. They are like brother and sister. I'm so thankful for her

SamuelL Sun 28-Jun-20 10:16:19

I moved house and met mine at my kids new school. She’s the most generous, kind hearted person I know but also wickedly funny and struggles with the same parenting things I do.

Lauperr Sun 28-Jun-20 10:20:39

I met my mum friend, who is my best friend, at NCT about 4 years ago when we were pregnant with our first. Her DS and my DD were born 2 weeks apart and are best friends, and now we also have babies born a day apart. She is kind, caring, considerate, funny and just generally all round the loveliest person ever. I would never have survived kids without her, she holds the bag I keep my marbles in!

Idontbelieveit12 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:22:25

My best friend (actually more like family), is a lady whose son was at school with my son, we met on the park when the boys were playing together and we just clicked. That was about 6-7 years ago. She’s 15 years older than me, we’ve supported each other through various things, divorce, house moves, university, new baby, bereavements.

I have another lovely mum friend who I actually met on another parenting forum when I was pregnant with my eldest, 14 years ago. We realised we lived in the same town and we have been friends ever since. We meet twice a week for coffee, well we did before Covid!

FudgeBrownie2019 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:56:26

I have a group - there's four of us and we are flawed, ridiculous and as honest as I've ever been with any group of friends.

I think they're the only people I've never pretended with - they know I'm an arsehole and somehow love me regardless.

Rainbowb Sun 28-Jun-20 17:04:23

Sounds like there’s some great ones out there!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »