Aibu to not care?

(6 Posts)
Chez2306 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:00:06

So a lot has unfortunately happened during my pregnancy

Break up from fiancé
Ex fiancé not even bothering with baby
Falling down the stairs at 29 weeks
Being diagnosed with a benign brain tumour

My ex MIL came over yesterday and all she did was talk about her other new grandchild and my ex SIL. She tried to tell me to just "be positive" when it came to my upcoming craniotomy which had a 50% chance of killing me or making me end up with long term issues and acted like it was nothing to worry about stating "I know someone who had something similar and they're fine". She then kept asking why I don't like her daughter(ex SIL) (her daughter has slagged me off to no end and hasn't once asked about her nephew who she wants to "grow up with her son" obviously I'm not going to be all roses and picnics.

I've a lot going on, I've had to make a 'just in case' plan for my son and for myself in case of complications, that was the hardest decision I ever had to make and I don't know what to do for the best anymore. I'm sick of my ex and his family trying to reign supreme over my baby and my life.

I feel like I'm being over sensitive but then I think no, he's caused a lot of stress and they've added to it.

Chez2306 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:04:24

In regards to the title - I mean I don't care about my ex's sister in law, I don't want to hear about her or the baby as it's causing me more stress, it's like I'm having it thrown in my face that I'm not perfect..

Chez2306 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:04:42

My ex sister in law*

Pipandmum Fri 26-Jun-20 08:10:41

That's a lot to be going through and I hope you have support from your own family and friends. However I do think you are being over sensitive. People will generally try and put a positive spin on things and of course she's not going to understand why you don't like her own daughter! You will just have to slap a smile on - then get on with your own life.

FancyPants20 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:43:44

Just don't let her in your house anymore. You don't have to, and it sounds like she's not bringing anything to your life. Block her and your ex SIL if you can.

Notthetoothfairy Fri 26-Jun-20 08:50:39

I think you need some time to yourself and those who support you (in a meaningful way) with all this going on. You have enough on your plate without more stress being added and you have no obligation to stay in such close touch so I would reduce contact (not block, as that limits your options later).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »