Talk

Advanced search

How many knives, forks and spoons do you have?!

(55 Posts)
shadesofsun Wed 24-Jun-20 20:28:33

Really I'm just being nosey but we have 8 of each and 16 tea spoons for a family of 4.

Sometime I run out of items when the dishwasher is on and I'm now thinking we should get another set.

So how many do you have and how many people live in your home?

OP’s posts: |
Gatehouse77 Wed 24-Jun-20 20:31:21

We've got 8 k/f/s which is two sets plus various odds and sods. Numerous teaspoons, including long-handles ones. Separate teaspoons for making tea and 12 pastry forks!

5 people.

Dontstepinthecowpat Wed 24-Jun-20 20:32:15

8 each for family of 6. I need to get more but haven’t found any I like to match with what we have!

livingthegoodlife Wed 24-Jun-20 20:33:32

24 place settings for family of five / occasionally family of 9

DDIJ Wed 24-Jun-20 20:36:38

1 table knife
1 fork
1 teaspoon

JoJothesquirrel Wed 24-Jun-20 20:39:07

Wow you are all better than me. I buy a set of 12 in the boxes from tk max about once a year and there’s still never enough for a matching set at tea time.

MrsMcCarthysFamousScones Wed 24-Jun-20 20:40:31

Family of 3
We have 16 of each because we had 17 people once for Christmas dinner so we had to buy an extra set. (usually 10 so I would always tell my sister to bring extra cutlery) We still sometimes run out of things! If we’ve buttered toast for breakfast, had sandwiches for lunch but the dishwasher isn’t full enough until after dinner to put on, we might have to wash a couple of knives. Also If we were having a big family meal with soup to start and a pudding we either have to handwash spoons or make do with teaspoons.
I made coffee today measuring with baking measure spoons because all our teaspoons were mid wash.

BlackCrow Wed 24-Jun-20 20:40:48

I have a dozen of each, but it was a posh set (gift) and also came with smaller side / dessert fork and knives and well as larger main course ones. So actually we have plenty; I tend to use the smaller ones for children and small bites or spreading butter etc and the big ones for main meals. There m are four of us and we have a dishwasher so we do need more than if you were washing them up after each use.

harriethoyle Wed 24-Jun-20 20:41:25

12 of each as of last week when I bought a couple of sets from john Lewis and now I have matching cutlery for the first time in my 41 year old life grin (kept the old stuff for picnics etc)

ifeellikeanidiot Wed 24-Jun-20 20:43:27

Family of 4

25 forks
5 knives
Approx 30 spoons of which only 3 are tra spoons

isthismylifenow Wed 24-Jun-20 20:44:20

12 of each, except teaspoons. Who knows where they all went as I maybe have 4 of those at the moment confused

Meggie2008 Wed 24-Jun-20 20:44:25

4 of each, and 5 teaspoons. God knows where the extra teaspoon came from 😂
Also just 4 big plates, 4 little plates and 4 bowls.
Too many mugs to count 😂😂

trilbydoll Wed 24-Jun-20 20:44:43

We've got 6 big knives and forks and 6 small knives and forks which is fine because the adults use the big ones and the kids use the small ones. 6 place settings wouldn't be enough if we all used the same size cutlery though!

teenagetantrums Wed 24-Jun-20 20:46:48

2 of us lots of spoons and forks maybe 12 of each. . But only 3 kniefs . No idea where others ones meant. Keep meaning to buy more.

Westiegirl3 Wed 24-Jun-20 20:50:34

Just two of us and we have 8 of each knifes, forks and dessert spoons and about 20 tea spoons... but generally run out of something before the dishwasher finishes

UnhappyMondays Wed 24-Jun-20 20:53:28

12 of each: knife, fork, spoons, dessert forks and knives
18 teaspoons
For one atm grin But I’ve never wanted to have to start having mixed sets so thought I’d start strong gin

Thingsdogetbetter Wed 24-Jun-20 20:54:14

No idea because the cutlery fairy sneaks in and steals forks and replaces with desert spoons. And the keeps taking and returning knifes randomly. I'm still trying to work out said cutlery fairy's motivation. After that I'll figure off why the wardrobe fairy keeps shrinking my clothes!

LadyPrigsbottom Wed 24-Jun-20 20:59:59

My toddler keeps putting kitchen implements in the bin! So we are down to 5 tsps. I think we have 12 knives and forks, 6 dessert spoons, 6 soup spoons.

Potato masher has had to be replaced and the long handled tsps are gone forever!

Hannah9176 Wed 24-Jun-20 21:05:53

16 of each for 2 of us. 8 month old has 16 spoons. We must have a big dishwasher as it's only on every 3-4 days when we've pretty much used all cutlery!

Royalbloo Wed 24-Jun-20 21:11:10

Just checked...hope it's worth the effort!

15 knives - a LOT I didn't buy
4 big spoons
12 forks - 9 of which I didn't buy but one matching one is missing which is pissing me off

8 teaspoons

Loads of kids cutlery - of which most are spoons...

There's only me and DD so maybe we should get rid?! I would, apart from that bloody missing fork!!!

nubeejinnings Wed 24-Jun-20 21:25:07

18 each k, f and s.

Just the two of us, used to be five. Cheap as chips in ikea, still make the design so last time I was there I bought another set!

shadesofsun Wed 24-Jun-20 21:25:25

Such varied amounts!

So I had a look for another set that matches what we have and I can't find it 😰.

So may just carry on as we are as I don't want mismatch ones

OP’s posts: |
GhostCurry Wed 24-Jun-20 21:27:48

I think it’s a mistake to keep buying more and more. Everyone ends up using cutlery like there’s no tomorrow and you just end up spending your life filling and re-filling the dishwasher.

needbread Wed 24-Jun-20 21:28:10

4spoons,4knives,4forks and 4tea spoons.
The toddlers use plastic cutlery the Ikea ones atm. Also I just wash up I haven't used the dishwasher once.

toomanyplants Wed 24-Jun-20 21:29:38

8 of each, although I'm missing one fork. God knows where it's gone 🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »