Advanced search

To ask about advocacy?? service

(6 Posts)
Julysummer Wed 24-Jun-20 01:18:27

Was on the phone to my friend today and she was talking about a relative who has Aspergers and is having difficulty. Basically he needs someone to speak on his behalf on certain occasions eg booking appointments etc etc. I had a vague recollection that there’s some kind of service for this but couldn’t find it via google. Does anyone have details or experience of this? My friend is in Scotland. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Julysummer Wed 24-Jun-20 19:32:15


OP’s posts: |
Blanca87 Wed 24-Jun-20 19:47:07

Advocacy worker would relay the person's view point in formal and informal processes. So it's more about protecting someones voice or right if you will in certain situations. If he is in Scotland some local authorities have a links worker at the gp, they might be able to sign post them to an appropriate service. Alternatively, CAPS is an advocacy service in Edinburgh which provides advocacy for mental health. This link might be useful too.
Good luck!

Julysummer Wed 24-Jun-20 20:56:32

Blanca87... thank you! That Edinburgh link looks useful!

OP’s posts: |
Momoko3000 Wed 24-Jun-20 22:02:06

Try the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance website for advocacy services local to you.

Julysummer Wed 24-Jun-20 22:03:40

Thanks Momoko!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »