Talk

Advanced search

To think that it's impossible to get rid of a fat baggy neck

(7 Posts)
myshedisfull Tue 23-Jun-20 21:28:48

So I see various people on the internet claiming you can tighten up your neck/double chin by doing exercises with your face and jaw. But I have done them for a while and it's made no difference at all. I hate the way my neck basically starts at my chin, there's no right angle under my jaw. I've lost some weight and it's no better so it's not just fat causing the problem.

Anyone had success or any other ideas?

OP’s posts: |
gingganggooleywotsit Tue 23-Jun-20 22:21:34

I have the same problem op and I'm not overweight it is awful. I've noticed mine looks more wrinkly and worse if I sleep on my front with my neck to one side, also astral cream helps a bit with the lines, but the fatiness..don't think there is anything we can do to tighten it up apart from surgery!

Confusedcorona Tue 23-Jun-20 22:23:04

Surgery is usually best for this.
Plasma fibroblast is your only non surgical option if your neck is very saggy.

Sunsetboater Wed 24-Jun-20 09:39:37

When I was swimming regularly to help tone up my body I noticed the skin around my jaw and neck looked a lot firmer too... Maybe worth a try. I was only going once a week and doing about 40 lengths. Must start that up again 🥴.

youvegottobekidding Wed 24-Jun-20 09:57:27

My neck is exactly as you describe myshedisfull, I’ve hated it all my life, no one else (apart from my sister & mum, so it must be a gene thing) I know has it, all I’ve ever wanted is a proper neck with a right angle! Even when I’ve been at my slimmest - I’m corona fat now it’s still the same. I don’t know if any exercises that can change it, I fear Confusedcorona is right, surgery would be the only answer.

gingganggooleywotsit Thu 25-Jun-20 18:36:23

ooh might try swimming if pools open again!

BalloonSlayer Thu 25-Jun-20 19:23:12

I have got scrawny neck
I look like the credits of One Foot in the Grave.
I have tried exercises, don't think there is much that will work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »