Talk

Advanced search

To wonder when this started?

(3 Posts)
supersop60 Tue 23-Jun-20 19:48:25

I'm referring to the seemingly new trend of calling a woman misogynistic when she has complained about the bad behaviour of ONE other woman.
I've seen this a few times on MN, and while I know people on here can be brutal, I think that calling them woman-haters is wrong (in both senses of the word).

OP’s posts: |
SadSisters Tue 23-Jun-20 20:09:54

Depends on how she complains about the behaviour. If you’re thinking about the thread where the OP asked how a woman could break up two families, it was misogynistic because the OP didn’t even mention the man who had actually been unfaithful, she just laid all the blame at the door of the woman.

I’ve rarely seen anyone accused of being misogynistic if they’re just saying ‘Woman A did this and it really upset me because of XYZ’.

supersop60 Wed 24-Jun-20 18:06:28

That was one of the threads, yes. I still don't think it makes a person a misogynist, when they're only annoyed about one woman in one situation. I can't remember the other thread. I'll have a look.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »