Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your experience with Clomid?

(7 Posts)
Candycrush426 Tue 23-Jun-20 18:21:33

So I have started Clomid and I have had for the last four days positive Ovulation tests. So this would be about 16 days after my period.

Is this a good thing does this mean the tablets are working? I have pcos so I never used to have a period regularly and never ever came across a positive ovulation.

We have had intercourse every night for the last four nights to be on the safe side.

I am due for a blood test on the 21st day and 25th day after my period to see if it’s working. But I suppose the tests I’ve been taking at home wools be accurate?

If you could all let me know your experiences x

OP’s posts: |
Dinosauraddict Tue 23-Jun-20 18:35:43

I was told not to use OPKs on clomid as they aren't reliable. If this cycle doesn't work. I would recommend a fully tracked cycle if you can where you have TV scans every 2 days pre-ovulation (after the clomid tablets) so they can track the follicles and do an ovulation stimulation injection if required. Good luck!

Supergoggles Tue 23-Jun-20 19:15:00

I conceived on 5th month of clomid, ovulated day 11 which was much earlier than normal for me - the OV test said this and due date was moved forward on scan suggesting earlier ovulation date too... but I don’t know if that’s at all relevant to your situation op. Either way, good luck smile

OscarWildesCat Tue 23-Jun-20 19:18:20

As above I was advised not to but was monitored with daily internal scans which eventually showed on cycle 2 that although I had large eggs, they were not releasing from the ovary and were dying off, so essentially I would have had positive OPK on those days then negative but the egg never released. Are you being scanned OP?. When this was discovered, I was prescribed pregnyl injections to inject to release the egg, first go at that and I was pregnant, he’s 14 now 😊. My 10 YO was concieved the same way.
Feel free to PM me, it was a while ago but I remember it well.
Good luck

Candycrush426 Tue 23-Jun-20 19:28:30

Hey everyone thanks for letting me know. I’m not having scans I’m only having blood tests on day 21 and days 25.

I wasn’t told to not use ovulation tests at home neither was I told to use them either I have just been using them for my own sanity really.

OP’s posts: |
BelleSausage Tue 23-Jun-20 19:30:50

Make sure they do scans and bloods. I only had bloods and my consultant was dreadful.

Six rounds of Clomid and nothing. Then she signed me out of her service. Push for scans too.

ChocolateTea Tue 23-Jun-20 19:56:42

I conceived on clomid. I was advised to have sex every other day from the end of my period until my cd21 bloods were back. I didn't use opks but I did temperature check and that month was the first ever that I had an ovulation rise. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »