Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one that doesn't like this weather?

(162 Posts)
louisawhitegenius Tue 23-Jun-20 14:38:46

This may possibly just be me but I actually can't stand this weather! I get anxiety every summer. The thought of being outside sweating, itching, burning and surrounded by wasps/flies is like my worst nightmare. My poor kids/hubby think I'm insane (they do go outside obv) but I am much happier being in doors with windows open and fresh air/sun coming in than being outside and so uncomfortable. I do burn easily and hate the feeling of suncream (especially when it drips off in white streaks, stains clothes etc...) please someone tell me they have the same experience, I feel particularly naff about it today and friends invited us for a bike ride and felt bit crappy turning them down as I cannot fathom how on earth that would be enjoyable but felt shitty turning them down with no real reason as to why! I often turn stuff like that down in this weather as I just do not enjoy it. Favourite time is around 6pm when it is cooling off so we often do stuff in the eve. Is it just me???

OP’s posts: |
user1752463586 Tue 23-Jun-20 14:44:37

Nope. Not just you. Hot weather makes my flashbacks worse so I do not feel great about this week's weather forecast.

Whattodowhattodooo Tue 23-Jun-20 14:45:05

Fucking hate it!!! I suffer really badly with heat rash (even with AH's). I am miserable for most of the summer. Unless I am abroad. With a pool. And with copious amounts of alcohol!

Superfoodie123 Tue 23-Jun-20 14:45:46

I hate it too

ItsClemFandangoCanYouHearMe Tue 23-Jun-20 14:46:32

I can't stand it

FunTimes2020 Tue 23-Jun-20 14:47:06

Go onto chat, there's a thread full of sympathetic posters. It called no it's not a lovely fucking day smile

KatnissK Tue 23-Jun-20 14:47:46

Hate it. I overheat since having DC. I burn. I've never liked sitting outside in the sun - it's uncomfortable and boring. I would much rather be inside. Or even outside but on a walk on a frosty day in the sunshine in Autumn - lovely! That I can enjoy! But sitting for hours in the heat and blinding sun is a no from me.

Rainbowchampagne Tue 23-Jun-20 14:49:11

I don’t like it either! I’ve always thought it’s because I’m slightly chubby and the chubby bits get sweaty and hot, but I know larger people who love it!

I hate insects and I’m phobic of wasps!

My ideal weather is cold, crisp with blue skies!

Ginfordinner Tue 23-Jun-20 14:49:46

It's pleasantly warm where I am, not hot, so I am enjoying not having to bundle up in winter clothes. I would hate to be in London right now.

Scruffyoak Tue 23-Jun-20 14:51:46

I get SAD but in summer. I'm better in winter

Bargebill19 Tue 23-Jun-20 15:06:29

A big nope to the current weather from me. Hubby says I’m being unreasonable and moaning.
I like warm and sunny weather. Not I can feel
myself frying the moment I step outside weather. There is a difference.

Ginfordinner Tue 23-Jun-20 15:09:17

Move to Yorkshire. It is pleasantly warm here today.

HeIenaDove Tue 23-Jun-20 15:09:38

english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/06/9126f89133e2-focus-japan-companies-developing-cool-face-masks-as-summer-approaches.html

louisawhitegenius Tue 23-Jun-20 15:10:16

Omg yes thank god its not just me! I totally think I get SAD in the summer, its so tough when all friends and family are like yesss! and I'm like NOOOOOO!

louisawhitegenius Tue 23-Jun-20 15:11:40

@FunTimes2020 I will - a load of moaners in the shade is my happy place grin

violetscone Tue 23-Jun-20 15:13:18

I have found my people!

LimitIsUp Tue 23-Jun-20 15:14:42

Not keen at all

Low pressure back by the weekend though, so we just have to hang on in there

HairyFloppins Tue 23-Jun-20 15:14:51

I hate the heat and humidity in this country in the summer.

I don't mind it abroad if I have a pool and air con.

Treaclepie19 Tue 23-Jun-20 15:20:18

Same as @Scruffyoak. I get reverse SAD.
I think its the expectation everyone puts out that you should love it and be off doing stuff. I don't feel at all that way.

Bloke23 Tue 23-Jun-20 16:56:27

I hate it, give me a rain and a storm anyday of the week

AHippoNamedBooBooButt Tue 23-Jun-20 17:00:11

I hate anything over 23°c. Dh is a sun worshipper so when it gets hot like this week he wants to go out and spend as much time out in it as possible. I, like you op, would much rather be on the sofa with the windows open and a nice breeze coming through. I dont mind the hot sunny weather, just as long as I'm indoors

Gracesquirrel Tue 23-Jun-20 17:36:08

Really dislike it - I don't seem to have an internal thermostat so I overheat badly, my feet and hands swell up and become very painful.

Decades ago I got severe sunburn that resulted in me having to go to hospital as a result I have had patches of malignant cells appear on my arms, face & legs that have been removed and I am not supposed to have bare arms or legs exposed and need to wear a total sunblock not just sun screen, this in turn attracts wasps (they like me anyway for some bizzare reason) and I am phobic about wasps so am always on edge during the summer months and usually means I keep all the doors and windows shut in case one gets in.

I'm currently sitting in front of a tower fan thats been on since about 12 so its nice and cool where I am at the moment but if I need to go into the rest of the house it's like an oven.

If it gets really hot at night I have a "cold water bottle" (a hot water bottle thats been frozen in the deep freeze) wrapped in a towel down by my feet, a damp towel over me and the fan blowing across me otherwise I can't sleep.

Spring and Autumn are my seasons.

ExchangedCat Tue 23-Jun-20 17:42:51

YAsoNBU

I dread the summer months and my only cheery thought on the summer solstice was 'I'm so happy it's going to start getting darker again'.

Autumn, on the other hand, is brilliant 🍂

SerenityNowwwww Tue 23-Jun-20 17:45:22

I couldn’t sleep last night it was so hot. Yuk.

OnceBitten25 Tue 23-Jun-20 17:46:35

Move to Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 it's only summer for one week a year up here 🤣

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »