Talk

Advanced search

To ask re face masks?

(5 Posts)
Bananasinpjs7 Sun 21-Jun-20 22:18:46

So tomorrow I'm back at work! (Yay!)
I got a 20 minute train commute to get into London, and since I haven't been on the train since it all started I don't know if I have to wear a face mask or not?
I think I will - and that's just my choice - but I think BJ said from the 15th it is mandatory? Do people actually wear them?

Also please wish me good luck, I have struggled quite a bit mentally even before Covid and the past 12 weeks have been mixed. Bit nervous going back 😳

OP’s posts: |
Sparklesocks Sun 21-Jun-20 22:22:17

They are mandatory on public transport (unless you have a condition which means you can’t wear them), however from what I’ve heard I’m not sure how strictly enforced it is.

I’m not commuting again yet but if I was, I’d be wearing mine.

Best of luck! You’ll be fine smile

Littlebelina Sun 21-Jun-20 22:22:20

It is mandatory so take a mask or scarf or similar to cover your face.

Good luck, I was back "in" work for the first time last week (been wfh). Was fine once I got in, like pulling a sticking plaster off.

GoatyGoatyMingeMinge Sun 21-Jun-20 22:27:37

I'd say roughly 80% compliance, although it does depend a bit on the time of day. I'm writing this from a TFL line - 10:30 on Sunday evening, less than 50% compliance.

lizzie344 Mon 22-Jun-20 16:41:58

You have to wear them now hun apparently, this is from today... optimummedical.co.uk/products/how-often-use-face-masks/
Public transport and when visiting hospitals. even if it wasn't mandatory, Id still do it for peace of mind. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable going to the supermarket without my mask altho a lot of people do atm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »