Talk

Advanced search

To feel my life is never going to be good again.

(10 Posts)
Bexandlex Sun 21-Jun-20 08:32:23

Early 30s. Periods have been heavy. Irons sorted now. Still struggling. I've been using ibruprofen and my periods have been so much lighter the last two months. I would love to say I'm feeling better. But my hormones seem to be going crazy the lazy few months.

I get a mild warm flush on day one.

I feel sick for several days a month during and after my period.

My concentration goes really low.

I get anxiety with it.

I get headaches.

I spend a couple of days in bed.

I have had no luck with desogestral. Microgynon or mercilon. All make me sick and cause panicky episodes.

Last month out of a 24 day cycle I felt okish for just 9 days. The rest were sickly and headachy days.

What the heck could it be? Drs did bloods last week. Everything is ok. I am low in vitamin D though but two weeks into treating that.

I can't cope with this for another 20 years 😔

Rainbowqueeen Sun 21-Jun-20 08:34:53

That sounds really frustrating and disheartening. I have no advice but I really feel for you.

I hope Hingis improve for you

autopilotpeach Sun 21-Jun-20 08:49:11

Not sure but Auto immune disease maybe.. this can be hard to get diagnosed, how long have you felt like this?

Tini17 Sun 21-Jun-20 08:51:30

Endometriosis?
Have you been investigated for it?
How long have you been feeling like this?
If a while, insist on gynae referral.

TheGlitterFairy Sun 21-Jun-20 09:05:04

Agree with tini - as someone who has endo, it sounds as though you should be investigated for this. Gynae referral needed.

Wallywobbles Sun 21-Jun-20 09:19:12

Have a look for some of the vitamin D threads. You'll see that the prescribed doses for the UK are comparatively very low. Try some drops form a French on line pharmacy. Won't do any harm and might really help. I know I'm low in Vit D when I feel really tired in the back of my skull. Sounds weird but it's the best description I can give.

Really cheap too. These are what we get prescribed but you don't need a prescription.

Thingsdogetbetter Sun 21-Jun-20 09:42:39

Why have periods at all? I'm serious. Get the pill that you take all the time and stop periods completely.

The concept that the pill which allows monthly periods copies our 'natural' cycle is a fallacy. Our bodies are not meant to have periods every month during fertile years. They're meant to be between constant pregnancies. Period, pregnancy, birth, period, pregnancy, birth on repeat til menopause. Not this monthly hormone rollercoaster of hell.

Read up on why the pill was originally designed to allow periods. It has more to do with religion than biology. (Sorry can't do a link as I don't know how. Lol)

KingOfDogShite Sun 21-Jun-20 09:49:53

You mention iron. Are you on iron pills? I was on ferrous fumarate for 15 years and never felt great with gastro symptoms, anxiety and horrendous periods, on top of that my iron was never normal. I recently refused another prescription and demanded to a referral for iron infusions. The gastro prescribed me Ferracru instead and it has been an absolute fucking wonder drug. Literally everything has improved, even my periods.

Maybe ask for a referral to a gynaecologist. GP’s love fobbing women off so write a list of your symptoms and stand your ground.

Bexandlex Sun 21-Jun-20 15:46:34

Hi. Periods have been rubbish for two years. I am on ferrous sulphate but stopped them 3 weeks ago and moved onto spa tone.

I take 20,000 IU vitmain d 3 times a week.

Dr did mention refering me last week. But when I called for blood results receptionist just said no further action.

The recent issue has happened 3 months in a row since I came of desogestral.

I have tried the progesterone only pill that you take every day. It didn't stop my periods. It made me spot for days and weeks until I had to stop taking it. The other combi pills I've tried give me nausea and low moods. I can't see the point in pumping hormones into me that give me horrible side effects that still affect my life.

I do wonder sometimes about endometriosis but I don't get any pain. I don't think the drs are doing much right now due to Corona. I also think I will have to travel an hour away to a hospital to see me. My local has changed to a green zone and I get a feeling they don't do much gynocology here either. I don't drive so it is abit tricky as I have kids too.

I just don't know what I can do to help myself anymore

Tini17 Tue 23-Jun-20 22:37:53

Desogestrel is a progesterone - you either get on with them (pill, implant, IUD) or you don’t and after coming off them takes a while to get back into normal. I have endo and tried the lot and hand on heart I never felt worse than after being on and coming off Cerazette. Others love it. Have you tried combined pill without breaks (so no bleeding)?

You can have bad endo and very little pain (but bad bleeding) and also little bits of endo but be doubled over in agony - the consultant who lasers mine every couple of years said that after my first laparoscopy. I didn’t know that.

I would go back to GP and press for gynae referral. If you’re in a lot of pain etc, it isn’t right and should be investigated but only you know. They used to be on 18 week max waiting time frame but that’s gone out the window so it’s likely to be a while before an appt comes through. If things settle by then, cancel it.
Hope you feel better real soon x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »