Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to bin off the espresso martinis in favour of.....

(8 Posts)
PyongyangKipperbang Sat 20-Jun-20 23:07:57

home made (ish) colour changing shimmery gin and tonic?

My kids (led by my 18 and 22 year old before anyone rings childline!) bought me a gin kit for my birthday and I bought a couple more off the back of that. I am loving them! OK so its basically adding stuff to either vodka or gin (and the gin making kit does end up with it looking like a sample but it tastes lovely) but they are brilliant!

Sandy Leaf Farm if anyone is interested, and no I dont work for them!

OP’s posts: |
theoldtrout01876 Sun 21-Jun-20 00:07:53

I got a gin kit for Christmas, it was HORRIBLE. I had to put it down the drain, totally undrinkable. I even researched on trying to fix it before I gave up and got rid. I was most upset. What kit did you use?

Collision Sun 21-Jun-20 00:09:29

Ahhh Dh made Watermelon Margaritas tonight.

Pretty good actually

PyongyangKipperbang Sun 21-Jun-20 00:14:43

sandyleaffarm.com/collections/gin-kits/products/gin-making-kit

Horrible with tonic but nice with lemonade. Personally I would leave botanic bag in for less time, maybe 6-12 hours rather than the full 14. Although the gin without the botanics was nice.

This is the shimmery colour changing one, but it only seems to change colour with fever tree. I had half a bottle of FT, but picked up a bottle of Schweppes at the local shop and it doesnt work with that.

sandyleaffarm.com/collections/gin-kits/products/shimmering-colour-changing-gin-infusing-kit

PyongyangKipperbang Sun 21-Jun-20 00:15:25

Not 14, 24

HerRoyalNotness Sun 21-Jun-20 00:32:42

What makes it shimmer? Try a Lycée martini

elizabethdraper Sun 21-Jun-20 00:35:38

I just finished my sandy leaf. I left everything for 2 extra days to mull/soak

Omg it was Devine

PyongyangKipperbang Sun 21-Jun-20 01:03:23

Im not sure what the shimmery stuff is called but we got sent a massive tub of it to work last Christmas (pub manager) for a cocktail that almost no one bought. So we chucked a bit in everyones drink if they asked for it, it made Guinness look epic!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »