Talk

Advanced search

Am I insane?

(9 Posts)
Rubbleonthedouble1 Sat 20-Jun-20 22:43:58

I was watching “Britain’s best parent” and there was a family on there who had sold their house, left their jobs and bought acres of land to live on.
I was watching it thinking it looked amazing (although wondered what they slept in etc!). Has anyone done this? Is it as amazing as it looks?!

OP’s posts: |
Pipandmum Sat 20-Jun-20 22:57:14

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Sparklesocks Sat 20-Jun-20 22:58:51

So they don’t have a house? Surely they’re not just shitting in a field??

Smellbellina Sat 20-Jun-20 22:59:00

Sounds sublime! I’d do it in a hurt beat but DP is the king of Tech and won’t even come camping ‘cos WiFi’ hmm

Smellbellina Sat 20-Jun-20 23:00:45

My brothers done this though! And yes he is shitting in a field but I suppose at least he is now shitting in his own field, for now.
It’s just him and his latest lady love though.
I would like house/toilets etc personally

Aquamarine1029 Sat 20-Jun-20 23:02:11

The novelty of this lifestyle would wear thin verrrry quickly.

borntohula Sat 20-Jun-20 23:02:34

Ugh sounds horrible, I like having a roof (and a toilet, bed, etc.).

Sparklesocks Sat 20-Jun-20 23:03:39

I just think it would be a huge pain in the arse in a lot of ways. And in winter? Horrific!

stophuggingme Sat 20-Jun-20 23:06:00

Oh my It is the stuff of nightmares to me.

I couldn’t even do more than two nights in a tent with my ex several years ago when we were madly in love, half cut no kids and at it like rabbits.

With our three children and no amenities I would have been clubbing myself over the head with a heavy blunt object by bedtime

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »