Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of men/dating

(4 Posts)
Itsyetanothernamechange Sat 20-Jun-20 20:13:50

Just feeling very down about my love life. Single mum, only in my mid twenties but honestly feeling at this point I'm never going to meet anyone.

Dated someone last year who was really not good enough and I'm not sure why we did. DCs dad had left me and just I wanted... Someone. This man (boy) never showed up to work, still lived with parents, constantly letting me down, getting me to lend him money. Finally came to my senses and broke up with him when I found out he was taking cocaine.

More recently a guy who I was in a relationship with as a teenager got back in touch, we went on an amazing couple of dates, and then ended up sleeping together. Afterwards he held my hand, told me I was amazing, how we connect more than he ever has with anyone, etc. We were together 3 years as teenagers and it felt like coming home... Then told me he didn't want a relationship but I 'would be the perfect friend with benefits'. I ended it there and then because I knew that would lead to

Been talking to someone now who I've known forever but not seen since we were about 18. He was meant to be coming over for socially distanced drinks in my garden this afternoon, planned it all week. Hadn't heard from him all day. He then messaged to say he will 'let me know' later if he's still coming. He was meant to come this afternoon and it's now past 8pm and haven't heard from him. I'm so confused as he's been chasing me for ages and kept being the one to start up conversations?!

I honestly feel like giving up. I don't get it. I look after myself, work hard, I treat people well, I think I'm quite funny and nice to be around... What is so wrong with me?! These guys are definitely nowhere near 'bad boys' but everyone just seems to walk all over me. I just want to meet someone who respects me and actually cares about me but for the last 7 years I've been in relationships/dating people like this.

OP’s posts: |
Sparklesocks Sat 20-Jun-20 20:17:07

I get it. It can be really exhausting and then disappointing when you invest time and energy into people who don’t work out. Grinds you down.

Maybe you should take a break for a while, give yourself a bit of time off?

Zilla1 Sat 20-Jun-20 20:19:24

At the risk of being one of a bunch of randoms who don't know you, confidence first and nice later. 'I treat people well' and so on should be everything but to get to a relationship, confidence (even if faked) so 'they' know you know 'you're worth it' and won't be messed around is part of the charismatic magic that then gives you good choices for successful relationships.

Good luck.

GinDaddyRedux Sat 20-Jun-20 20:35:41

What @Zillla1 said.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »