Talk

Advanced search

Ebay isshoo

(27 Posts)
wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 16:46:22

I sold a Stokke highchair and posted it off. Buyer has received, but apparently put it together and 2 pieces are missing.
I'm 100% I packed up the all the pieces, and so can only think they fell out in transit, although this is very unlikely as I wrapped it up well.
I have offered a refund to the buyer if they send it back.
Although I checked Stokke website and they sell the replacement parts for £28 (plus £12 p&P). So I offered to buy these and have them delivered to the buyer.
They said, no, they just want a refund.
ABIU to think if they wanted it, what's the issue with having 2 new bits.
Or are they trying it on maybe?
I

OP’s posts: |
wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 17:12:00

Sorry horribly boring sad

Hamm87 Sat 20-Jun-20 17:22:15

They probably needed the parts to fix there's

ShadowMane Sat 20-Jun-20 17:22:52

isshoo ??

whatsleep Sat 20-Jun-20 17:27:02

If you know you posted it complete then bounce it back to eBay. They are trying it on and will send it back to you with bits missing meaning you’ll not be able to sell it on without spending money to repair it. Don’t let them manipulate you.

slipperywhensparticus Sat 20-Jun-20 17:46:13

Are they offering to return it?

SunbathingDragon Sat 20-Jun-20 17:48:28

I agree that they probably had a broken chair and wanted those bits to fix there one.

AranciaRosso Sat 20-Jun-20 17:49:58

Just don't refund until they return. Have you checked their feedback? Sometimes that can give a clue if they do this kind of thing often.

AranciaRosso Sat 20-Jun-20 17:50:21

And ask for pictures of where the bits are missing from

SunbathingDragon Sat 20-Jun-20 17:50:46

I’m assuming you had the parcel weighed when you posted it so did you get insurance? If so, the weight should prove it was all there when it left you.

dancinguser Sat 20-Jun-20 17:52:03

Sounds like they're trying it on as they don't expect you to want it back, go back to them with something along the lines of "in that case please could you repackage the item ready to send back and open a return case through ebay, many thanks", chances are they'll magically find the missing pieces.

PegasusReturns Sat 20-Jun-20 17:57:03

They’re trying it on.

Tell them to send it back.

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 17:59:23

Initially she messaged and asked "I'm hoping you have the two spare pieces you can send to me as they are missing".

Rashly, I offered a refund as I don't have them. But then I offered to get the two new pieces sent to her from Stokke - to which she is saying no, she wants a refund.

I will be left £20 down on P&P and with a worthless high chair coming back to me.

I just bought the p&p online for a 10kg parcel, so no it wasn't independently weighed.

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 18:00:21

@whatsleep - although they only have 27 feedback and I have over 800, I know that ebay will find in their favour.

whatsleep Sat 20-Jun-20 18:15:47

This is where online selling sucks 😡

We had someone try to say there were parts missing on an expensive piece of photography equipment. eBay told them to return it and wouldn’t refund until it was received. They sent the parcel, but when we opened it, it was a 2ltr bottle filled with water. We eventually got our money back that PayPal was holding.

You are not the one in the wrong. Your photo must show the item is complete and the fact that they refused for you to send replacement parts just proved they are not being truthful. Open a case yourself against them before they do and show your photo and the emails you’ve sent and received.

Good luck

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 18:17:59

That's awful.
Not sure what grounds to open a case against them however?
Irritating there is no phone line open for ebay...]\

whatsleep Sat 20-Jun-20 18:19:30

Did they pay via PayPal? You can speak to them but you have to dig around in the internet to find a number!

whatsleep Sat 20-Jun-20 18:22:48

Try this for Ebay. pages.ebay.co.uk/customersupportguide/

PayPal 0800 358 7911

MadamHattie Sat 20-Jun-20 18:23:52

eBay will call you if you need them to. There's a section in help to initiate a call

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 18:29:11

Not available at the moment MadamHattie, nor PayPal's phone line. I will try PayPal online messaging service.

whatsleep Sat 20-Jun-20 18:32:54

These people rely on sellers not putting up a fight..... please fight!!!!

We sell lots online and have had to stop recently as several customers say they aren’t receiving their goods. Part of this is down to things not being signed for at the minute so they can claim they didn’t receive it.

littlemisssugarpuffs Sat 20-Jun-20 18:34:37

Oh no seems like they are trying it on, there is a phone call request on the help page if you go onto the help page and go onto the contact us it will give you a option to request a call back I hope u manage to get this sorted I would recommend selling on Facebook marketplace or Shpock and Gumtree that way they can check before buying and they can't try it on x

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 18:37:56

I wish I had sold it on gumtree!

I did ask the buyer what they would do if I suddenly 'found' the missing items, as they had requested them.

I dont understand why me sending a brand new replacement to them would be any different to having the old pieces .

peachesandclean Sat 20-Jun-20 18:55:15

@ShadowMane issue i think lol

wholelottahistory Sat 20-Jun-20 18:59:55

Yes issue sorry!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »