Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Delivery Drivers

(13 Posts)
FebbyBaby Fri 19-Jun-20 12:15:35

It started with the post man, and now the Amazon driver is at it too. Instead of posting letters through the letter box or ringing the bell with parcels, they open my front door and chuck parcels and letters in, then scarper! (Even the post with fragile tape gets launched through the door) They don't even ring the doorbell, if I've not heard the vans coming the first I know of it is someone helping themselves to the front door. It irritates me so much, but aibu?? Maybe I'm being petty grin

OP’s posts: |
ComDummings Fri 19-Jun-20 12:16:58

Lock the door?

Hobbesmanc Fri 19-Jun-20 12:17:21

Do you mean a porch door? Or your actual door into the hallway?? Ive never had any delivery person try to open the front door. Don't most doors have a latch to stop this?

lockdownhell Fri 19-Jun-20 12:22:14

Lock the door. Our delivery drivers knock, make sure you've seen them and then leave before you open the door. Other than some who have to have a photo of the parcel with the door open. I've never had anyone try the door to launch the parcel in.

ZaraW Fri 19-Jun-20 12:22:33

Wasn't this discussed last week by another poster. YABU just lock your door.

Starbuggy Fri 19-Jun-20 12:23:17

There’s a very simple solution to this

Lock you door

AvoidingRealHumans Fri 19-Jun-20 12:23:57

I would go ballistic if they did this, I'd find it intrusive but having said that, after the 1st time it happened I would keep the door locked.

heartsonacake Fri 19-Jun-20 12:25:00

So lock your door confused I don’t understand why it would even be open in the first place.

480Widdio Fri 19-Jun-20 12:30:59

Lock the door,it is not rocket science!!!

NotEverythingIsBlackandWhite Fri 19-Jun-20 12:31:14

Why is your door unlocked? That's an invitation to thieves. Do you leave car keys accessible too?

Ohtherewearethen Fri 19-Jun-20 14:32:36

I can't understand why, all of a sudden, delivery persons from various different companies would start opening the door to your house to drop parcels inside. The postman, instead of posting letters through your letterbox like they have previously done, and which takes seconds, goes through the hassle and risk of touching unnecessary surfaces, to open the door to your house and leave the letters inside? Why would that do that?

vodkaredbullgirl Fri 19-Jun-20 14:37:14

Lock the bloody door then.

Laaalaaaa Fri 19-Jun-20 14:50:44

Here’s a groundbreaking solution I’m sure nobody else will come up with - lock the door. If you think about it, if the doors locked nobody can get in. Simple but effective.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »