Talk

Advanced search

To be extremely frustrated with Roblox!

(12 Posts)
Livingmybestliferight Thu 18-Jun-20 13:56:35

My son has an account. Made a shit load of purchases over the years. He can't remember his password. He wont log out of the game incase he cant get back in as he cannot remember verifying an email either (he is 10 and set it up himself)
I've contacted them several times but just get sent links with options. None will work without logging out of the game. My son thinks he will lose everything if he logs out. Any ideas?!

foamrolling Thu 18-Jun-20 13:58:34

I don't see why he'd lose anything if he logs out? My daughter plays it on a laptop and logs out so her siblings can log in to their accounts. We'd have heard the dramatics if she'd lost anything as a result

Lightofthephoenix Thu 18-Jun-20 13:59:59

Is there anyway of checking account settings?

foamrolling Thu 18-Jun-20 14:01:42

Presumably then if he logs out and can't get back in there will be a password reset option

BendingSpoons Thu 18-Jun-20 14:03:55

foam the OP's son is worried he won't be able to log back in because he doesn't know the password and possibly doesn't have a recovery email address.

OP could you try logging in on another device and seeing if you can get a password reset?

DerektheWerek Thu 18-Jun-20 14:04:15

You can reset the password. Either by entering the email or phone number used to register the account once you have logged out. I've had similar with my child recently. Although we were logged put to begin with.

Is their an option in the game settings under the account details/privacy to change the password? Might be possible to do it without logging out

FizzyGreenWater Thu 18-Jun-20 14:04:47

Yes get him to try and log in with another device and see if he can remember a password!

ohoneohtwo Thu 18-Jun-20 14:08:18

I don't really think this is the fault of Roblox tbh. If the account isn't set up correctly that's down to the user, not Roblox.

HmmLetsSee Thu 18-Jun-20 14:08:26

As he's logged in, you can go to settings and there's a place where you'll find the verified email address or you need to add an email address and verify it (they'll send you a link to the email). Then you can create a new password afterwards.

You can do it on another device incase you accidentally log him out of the one he's using.

CatEatCatWorld Thu 18-Jun-20 14:18:53

If you go into settings you can add an email. My 12 year old just told me lol

MaHeidsGouping Thu 18-Jun-20 14:30:16

You can add the email address here. I haven't done it for my DD as she doesn't get Robux to spend but DS account is all linked up to my details as he does get Robux.

Livingmybestliferight Thu 18-Jun-20 17:50:35

Thanks. Unfortunately I've been through all of the suggestions. He has no idea of the password at all so can't log in to another device and if you add or change an email they ask for the bloody password!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »