Talk

Advanced search

To start an IDGAF thread about football restarting?

(243 Posts)
TakemedowntoPotatoCity Wed 17-Jun-20 17:31:41

If, like me, you see the lack of education provision for months and the devastating effect on the UK economy and people's livelihoods as marginally more important than a bunch of millionaires kicking a ball about you can come here to lament the lack of fucks around these parts. Football widows welcome.

OP’s posts: |
ludothedog Wed 17-Jun-20 17:34:56

Every now and again I wonder what I am missing and I try and sit down and watch a game. Its soooooo boring. I'd rather wash the dishes and I hate washing dishes

FuzzyPuffling Wed 17-Jun-20 17:35:56

I'm with you on this. The entire daily briefing today was about football. There ae far more important issues.

araiwa Wed 17-Jun-20 17:37:25

Wooooo hoooooo

20 minutes to go

Neron Wed 17-Jun-20 17:37:56

YANBU! Never understood the attraction with kicking a bit of inflated leather up and down some grass.

I am however, excited that MotoGP will be back in a few weeks grin

EggysMom Wed 17-Jun-20 17:38:05

IDGAF about ANY of the sport restarting. Television has been bliss without it.

comingintomyown Wed 17-Jun-20 17:39:01

<< remembers married life >>

araiwa Wed 17-Jun-20 17:39:38

And every match for rest of season will be available to watch live

Brilliant

AKissAndASmile Wed 17-Jun-20 17:41:37

I'm so excited to watch my team lose tonight!grin
So glad it's back.

TooTrueToBeGood Wed 17-Jun-20 17:42:03

I hate football with a passion. I grew up in Glasgow and there was so much bigotry, violence and social friction intimately linked to football it put me right off at a very young age. Aside from that, I despair at all those people (usually men) that waste so much time and energy on it. They can tell you the names of every player in umpteen teams going back many years but ask them who the current chancellor or home secretary is and they don't have a clue.

ShowOfHands Wed 17-Jun-20 18:00:43

I'm entirely unmoved by football as a sport and appalled by the racism, bigotry and misogyny which is inherent in its financially shameful system.

We do a family quiz on a Wednesday. Not tonight though because Bob (not his real name) who pissed and moaned at the inclusion of a literature round and swore due to 2 questions about women's sport in the sports round last week, can't join in tonight because of the football so we have to do it tomorrow instead which is inconvenient for 3 family members but hey ho, Bob gets to watch the football.

Oysterbabe Wed 17-Jun-20 18:02:16

I've missed it and am glad it's back.

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Jun-20 18:05:54

DH is overjoyed and because of that it's worth it for me personally.

PicsInRed Wed 17-Jun-20 18:06:12

They're doing this due to civil unrest - to get the drunken football louts off the streets and safely back inside their homes to beat 7 bells out of their wives and children.

ScarfLadysBag Wed 17-Jun-20 18:11:36

I don't care about football but am cockahoop at Formula 1 starting again soon!

Anniegetyourgun Wed 17-Jun-20 18:16:49

When people try to engage me in a discussion about football I reply crushingly (or at least that's the intention!), "I used to be interested in football. Then I grew up".

Atlanticpa Wed 17-Jun-20 18:29:13

Racism, bigotry and misogyny in it's financial system?

MrsExpo Wed 17-Jun-20 18:35:27

DH is watching it now .... it sounds like they've put a 'crowd" sound track on it ... very odd. Bores me to tears but I'm delighted its back to give DH something to look forward to (been shielding at home for 12 weeks now ...)

mynameiscalypso Wed 17-Jun-20 18:40:36

I really hate these type of threads for a number of reasons - the assumption that women can't be interested in football; the assumption that all footballers are millionaire arseholes who don't give a shit; the assumption that just because you personally don't like something that it makes anyone who does like it somehow lesser.

macaronilemonpony Wed 17-Jun-20 18:41:52

Horses for courses

Defenbaker Wed 17-Jun-20 18:42:40

Anniegetyourgun posted:

"When people try to engage me in a discussion about football I reply crushingly (or at least that's the intention!), "I used to be interested in football. Then I grew up"."

grin

ilovesooty Wed 17-Jun-20 18:44:38

Oysterbabe

I've missed it and am glad it's back.

Same here.

ilovesooty Wed 17-Jun-20 18:45:07

PicsInRed

They're doing this due to civil unrest - to get the drunken football louts off the streets and safely back inside their homes to beat 7 bells out of their wives and children.

Ridiculous.

TheNewSchmoo Wed 17-Jun-20 18:45:43

Wow people are spiteful. I love football and love the joy it gives and gave family past.

I don't need to grow up. I'm sure your hobbies are equally as fascinating to me.

Midsommar Wed 17-Jun-20 18:45:57

I'm currently a football widow.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in