Page 2 | Why are ASDA normalising paedophilia and Child Abuse?

(961 Posts)
Sunkisses Tue 16-Jun-20 08:02:33

Is it OK for ASDA to send parents emails linking to an organisation that normalises paedophilia with red flag phrases such as "love has no age", and recommending books for children that contain explicit descriptions of child sex abuse? Why are they doing this? Are ASDA experts in home schooling and safeguarding? More details in this excellent thread by Safe Schools Alliance: twitter.com/SafeSchools_UK/status/1272638132589035520

OP’s posts: |
Beerincomechampagnetastes Tue 16-Jun-20 08:24:24

This is horrifying.

FemaleAndLearning Tue 16-Jun-20 08:25:50

And here is a direct link to Diversity Role Models free resources sent out by Asda via their mailing list.
www.diversityrolemodels.org/education-services/helping-you-with-home-learning

OP you are not being unreasonable this is just awful stuff being taught to our kids.

eleventy3isthemagicnumber Tue 16-Jun-20 08:26:02

LittlePeepoToy

Disgusting.
It was either utter carelessness on their part (which I think is most likely but not ok) or someone with an agenda and a big mouth/position at Asda.

Or possibly someone who wants to get wome cookies / thinks they're doing the right thing and then gets one of the ISIS suspects eg Gendered Intelligence or Dicersity Role Models etc to advise, and they don't understand or look closely enough at what's being suggested.

eleventy3isthemagicnumber Tue 16-Jun-20 08:26:50

ISIS?!! Sory, no idea why my phone put that in!

It should say usual suspects.

2fallsagain Tue 16-Jun-20 08:27:15

It’s part of their corporate strategy - corporate.asda.com/newsroom/2020/05/31/george-at-asda-welcomes-diversity-role-models-as-charity-partner

This from their site:

Lynne Tooms Senior Director – George Design & Buying said; “We are proud to broaden our partnership with DRM as we see a real link between the work DRM is doing in schools across the country and what we do in the workplace and in our recruitment process. This partnership supports everything we stand for as a brand. We know that 1 in 3 children wear George school uniform, so we believe we have a real role to play when it comes to their education in diversity and inclusion.

Beerincomechampagnetastes Tue 16-Jun-20 08:28:18

I find this is a problem with most companies. They task someone with the role of diversity champion or some other virtue signaling crap they come up with... neither the company or the person in the role have a real understanding of what diversity and inclusion actually means. Putting on a rainbow lanyard and wearing pronoun stickers does not make you informed.

Advertisement

Littlebyerockerboo Tue 16-Jun-20 08:28:21

I'm still not entirely sure what is going on here, but that book is hugely inappropriate and disgusting, trying to normalise overly sexualised behaviour to the reader, so wrong and I would be absolutely shocked and disgusted to find my child of pretty much any age, reading those words and taking them on board, what on earth is this?!

LittlePeepoToy Tue 16-Jun-20 08:28:43

So angry about this have tweeted national newspapers. This needs wider attention no sane person who think that is acceptable for a child to read. Wtf is wrong with the world.
Asda major fuck up. If you’re going to produce something like this read the thing before sending it out!

ComDummings Tue 16-Jun-20 08:28:57

Wow that’s really bad. I’m sure they’ll try and sweep it under the rug or claim it as a mistake, but I’m be concerned that the person at Asda who signed off on this has a disturbing agenda.

Purplequalitystreet Tue 16-Jun-20 08:32:30

W

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Tue 16-Jun-20 08:33:08

I have no idea why Asda thinks they should be educating our children on anything let alone sex. The email and content are entirely inappropriate and unwelcome.

FemaleAndLearning Tue 16-Jun-20 08:33:54

The slogan 'love is love' is used by MAPs (Minor Attracted Persons) aka paedophiles to justify themselves. It shouldn't be taught to kids and Asda should not be promoting this. This is from the primary resource it is grooming in plain sight and Asda are complicit.

FromMarch2020 Tue 16-Jun-20 08:35:10

It's very disturbing - normalising paedophilia - love has no age!

ASDA get your act together

2fallsagain Tue 16-Jun-20 08:35:34

“Age is no barrier to love. In the primary resources.

SerenityNowwwww Tue 16-Jun-20 08:35:36

Asda really need to know this. Is also be looking into who commissioned this and the agency (I assume) that developed it.

2fallsagain Tue 16-Jun-20 08:36:06

Here

FromMarch2020 Tue 16-Jun-20 08:36:46

There are so many vulnerable children out there.
They need protecting
Where does this all end? Twenty years time people start thinking it is ok - that love really does have no age - it's sick

ComDummings Tue 16-Jun-20 08:36:59

The more I think about this the more horrified I am, actually. Asda are promoting pedophilia.

2fallsagain Tue 16-Jun-20 08:37:41

They know. They even talk about because children wear their school uniforms they have a role to play in their “education”.

Lynne Tooms Senior Director – George Design & Buying said; “We are proud to broaden our partnership with DRM as we see a real link between the work DRM is doing in schools across..... We know that 1 in 3 children wear George school uniform, so we believe we have a real role to play when it comes to their education in diversity and inclusion.”

eleventy3isthemagicnumber Tue 16-Jun-20 08:38:59

2fallsagain

It’s part of their corporate strategy - corporate.asda.com/newsroom/2020/05/31/george-at-asda-welcomes-diversity-role-models-as-charity-partner

This from their site:

Lynne Tooms Senior Director – George Design & Buying said; “We are proud to broaden our partnership with DRM as we see a real link between the work DRM is doing in schools across the country and what we do in the workplace and in our recruitment process. This partnership supports everything we stand for as a brand. We know that 1 in 3 children wear George school uniform, so we believe we have a real role to play when it comes to their education in diversity and inclusion.

Well found. That's the source of the problem then: Diversity Role Models getting access to kids to promote this stuff by partnering with Asda - a company with massive access to families but no safeguarding expertise.

And Asda are presumably after the wome cookies.

We need people to understand that organisations like Diversity Role Models aren't advocating for equality, they're a political lobby group pushing an extreme agenda.

eleventy3isthemagicnumber Tue 16-Jun-20 08:39:21

*woke not wome!

SerenityNowwwww Tue 16-Jun-20 08:40:08

Boycott Asda? Why can’t companies just stick to their knitting?

LittlePickleHead Tue 16-Jun-20 08:40:52

I am horrified by this, who on earth allowed this to happen, and to allow books like Beyond Magenta have been allowed to be published and promoted to children? Basically depicting child abuse?

Disturbingly I was reading an article about Beyond Magenta just now and DD 11 saw the cover over my shoulder. She said 'oh X at school brought that in the but the teacher wouldn't let her read it'

I mean, 11 years old and reading about stuff like this, normalising sex between children/adults wanting sex with children?

I mean thankfully the teacher obviously knew what the book was about, but how many hundreds are reading stuff like this at home whilst their oblivious parents think they are being open minded?

Soubriquet Tue 16-Jun-20 08:41:17

Wtaf?!

Encouraging and supporting trans kids (as much as I hate it) is one thing.

Talking about little kids preforming sex acts on each other is disgusting and actually using a child’s book to talk about it is terrible

What is going on ASDA?

onlywomennotmen Tue 16-Jun-20 08:41:39

roger.burnley@asda.co.uk

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in