Talk

Advanced search

Need some advice/ opinions

(6 Posts)
reallyboredallthetime Tue 16-Jun-20 02:41:54

I have a couple things to write about someone and just want to know what your opinion is.
I have a best friend of 3 years. She’s always been quite self centred, which has annoyed me, like it would to anyone else, but I had learnt to deal with it. We have met up once during lockdown, she was telling me about everything that was going on with her etc. and of course I listened and gave her advice, but not once did she ask about me, or how I was doing. I haven’t been going through a great time myself but I don’t like to go on and on about me as it can be quite selfish. I even tried to tell her something that happened but I got interrupted by her talking about the same thing for about the 15th time. I am quite a shy person when it comes to that so I didn’t say anything, or repeat what I was going to say. Now that I think about that day, I am quite annoyed, this is part of the reason I don’t talk about my life to other people that much anymore because I fear they won’t listen and it’ll make me feel worse.

I’m also the only one checking up on her. She hasn’t texted me first in a good while, which I didn’t mind at first because I know she has been dealing with a couple things and just thought that maybe she wasn’t talking to anyone because she wasn’t in the right mindset. Later on I realised that she had been talking to many other people, which did hurt as it feels like she doesn’t really care about our friendship anymore?

I don’t know this might sound stupid but I’m fed up with people not giving any space for someone else to talk and not asking how I’m doing. Am I being unreasonable because I know that she’s going through a tough time?

OP’s posts: |
Euclid Tue 16-Jun-20 02:51:08

If she does not ask how you are she has no interest in you. Ignore her.

By the way, not being rude, but the phrase is a couple of things, not a couple things.

MingeofDeath Tue 16-Jun-20 02:55:39

Don't be the one to initiate contact. Wait for her to get in touch with you. Depending on what happens should give you an idea of how she values you and your friendship.

Monty27 Tue 16-Jun-20 04:34:58

Find friends OP
You don't need people like this

AlwaysCheddar Tue 16-Jun-20 05:52:49

Don’t initiate contact with her again and see what happens. She’s selfish.

Yeahnahmum Tue 16-Jun-20 06:54:19

This is not a friend op.
I repeat. This is not a friend

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »