Talk

Advanced search

River Swimming

(6 Posts)
scarlett0101 Tue 16-Jun-20 00:20:41

AIBU to be worried about my 12 year old son being left at a notorious dangerous river to swim all day with two friends . He was taken there today by my ex husband and I only found out from his older brother . I have been very upset as he’s not a great swimmer. I brought this up with my ex husband who basically called me an over anxious nutter and he will do what ever he feels fit.

OP’s posts: |
peppapigisscottish Tue 16-Jun-20 00:22:34

Are there local bylaws prohibiting it ? Have you asked the police for advice ? You could let social services know what his father has done, at least then it is on record.

AllsortsofAwkward Tue 16-Jun-20 00:22:57

Have you seen the previous thread about river swimming? Its national drowning prevention week 15-19th june. Theres cold water shock, bacteria and currents. You're ex husband is being extremely reckless.

YNK Tue 16-Jun-20 00:25:24

It's happened now and he's ok, but I would make sure it doesn't happen again.
Talk to him about the dangers of swimming in rivers - I used to kayak and I can tell you that against a strong current you have no chance.

scarlett0101 Tue 16-Jun-20 00:25:57

I didn’t know anything about it and only found out when he wasn’t returned today . From what I can gather it’s shallow in parts but then goes over chest height but is known for under currents . I am so so upset and he hasn’t returned him to me tonight despite breaching a court order . I have had ongoing problems with him since we divorced 7 years ago but not where safety is concerned

OP’s posts: |
AllsortsofAwkward Tue 16-Jun-20 00:29:43

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3938093-River-Swimming

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »