Talk

Advanced search

are private hospitals in london running as normal?

(4 Posts)
Internshipquestion Mon 15-Jun-20 17:25:37

sorry to be posting for traffic.

But i am having symptoms which the doctor and sexual health nurse think maybe an ovarian cyst [i have had one before but it was small, so they left it]. i have been told by the GP to have blood tests and an STI test and he will refer me for a non-urgent ultra sound scan. However, due to the covid situation, I am aware that nhs waiting times may be longer than usual.

so basically i was wondering if anyone you know of any good private hospitals in London that do pelvic ultrasounds at the moment. so that i can find out whats going on, because by symptoms aren't going away and i am getting very anxious!

i am based in south-east london so this preferably near here, but anywhere in london is fine.

Thanks!!

OP’s posts: |
Mabelface Mon 15-Jun-20 17:27:55

There's a few hospitals who are doing tests. Have a look on bupa consultant and facilities finder, there's info about what they're doing with regard to Covid.

DappledThings Mon 15-Jun-20 17:40:47

The Princess Grace has recently reopened. My Dad's surgeon called him 2 weeks ago to say they were restarting and rescheduling his op for the 27th.

HappyHammy Mon 15-Jun-20 17:54:21

Have you looked at their sites. Theres bupa and the nuffield who will list what they are offering in your area. There are quite a few private hospitals in se london. Ask if they need a referral from your gp or if you can refer yourself. Some have a private gp service. Your lical nhs hospital may also offer private scans. What is your actual area.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »