Talk

Advanced search

To hate my new bedroom furniture

(14 Posts)
PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 14-Jun-20 22:54:19

Because the full length mirrors on them dont lie?

My previous full length mirror was freestanding and was fairly flattering.These cow bag ones that are on the outside of two of the wardrobe doors are so fucking unforgiving its untrue.Ive grown in width by two inches I'm sure

OP’s posts: |
BlessYourCottonSocks Sun 14-Jun-20 22:57:40

I hear you! I'm always horrified when I stay at MILs who has mirrored wardrobes. I am hugely overweight. At home I have a full length mirror which I've propped against the wall at an angle that makes me look about 3 stone lighter than I am.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 14-Jun-20 23:04:19

Yes my other one was propped.Shit I've seen the real me and I'm gutted.

Oilyoilyoilgob Sun 14-Jun-20 23:10:34

Same 😞 we’ve a freestanding one in one bedroom and I practically look like a model 😁
The ones on the doors of our wardrobes show the true me, and the smile is immediately wiped from my face!

Ginkypig Sun 14-Jun-20 23:47:20

I purposely don't have anything like that in my room!

For years I didn't have anything bigger than than the mirror on my bathroom cabinet but last year I got a cheap that hangs over a door so I keep it on the inside of the bathroom door with towels on a hook next to it so it's mostly covered unless I need it.

No surprise horror glimpses for me.

Coffeeisnecessary Sun 14-Jun-20 23:49:40

Oh no! I wondered why I was looking better since we moved the mirror and have only propped it up rather than hung it, damn it I thought my diet was working!!

Queenest Sun 14-Jun-20 23:55:46

I have less mirrors than I did in my younger days. Although it’s a contradiction as there’s more of me to see now. grin

AhBallix Mon 15-Jun-20 00:02:38

We moved our wardrobe with mirror doors onto a different wall and I am actually a square with very short, chunky legs. I really want it moved back to the other wall, where it lied to me and I was happy.

letmethinkaboutitfornow Mon 15-Jun-20 06:43:41

Maybe it’s just the lockdown weight-gained look? 😂
Mine are 2 years old but suddenly showing more of me! They also made an ally with my scale! 😂😂

PrincessHoneysuckle Mon 15-Jun-20 08:13:34

The best of it is I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks and was feeling great.God knows what would have been staring back at me 3 weeks ago 😂

TisConfusion Mon 15-Jun-20 08:25:35

It’s like this at my mums, a he has mirrored wardrobes and I hate looking in them and seeing exactly how huge I am...but walk around the corner and the mirror in the hallway gives me an instant 2 stone weight loss. It’s not great the other way around though, bit of a nasty shock.
I don’t have any full length mirrors in my house, am debating getting one though!

TisConfusion Mon 15-Jun-20 08:26:02

*she has, not a he!

GoldenKelpie Mon 15-Jun-20 08:28:52

@PrincessHoneysuckle I gave birth in my bedroom which has floor to ceiling full width sliding mirror doors at the bottom of the bed. I kept my eyes closed most of the time. Oops grin.

PrincessHoneysuckle Mon 15-Jun-20 09:01:03

@GoldenKelpie jesus I would have too my birth was carnage!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »