Talk

Advanced search

Planning for the end of Covid, where shall I go?

(5 Posts)
81Byerley Sun 14-Jun-20 20:03:31

My husband and I are retired, his fitness and health are not too good, so we tend to go on UK holidays in holiday cottages. As his mobility has decreased we have tended to choose cottages in places where we can walk out to pubs, teashops, shops, etc.. I wondered if Mumsnetters could help me with ideas for places or areas of the UK that you think are lovely. open to going anywhere.

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 15-Jun-20 10:41:49

St Albans might be worth a look?

TrickorTreacle Mon 15-Jun-20 11:31:14

While it is nice to think about holidaying in the UK, there will be queues for months as there will be a backlog of holidayers and everyone will have the same idea. Just look at the high street today and McDonald's 2 weeks ago.

I've actually been asked to take at least 2 weeks leave before September, because otherwise everyone will book the same leave in September onwards and it will cause a problem with the workforce. So I'm taking next week off as leave, but I won't be doing anything with it.

Twisique Mon 15-Jun-20 12:22:51

Charmouth, Lyme Regis as long as you are not uphill.

81Byerley Mon 15-Jun-20 18:12:45

Thanks everyone . @TrickorTreacle I agree. I'm thinking 2021 may be better. @sleepismysuperpower1 I'm going to google St Albans now, I've never been there. Thanks.
And @Twisique, we've been to Lyme Regis for the day, agree about the hill! Never been to Charmouth, going to look at it now!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »