Talk

Advanced search

Differing views from other parent

(2 Posts)
SunshineSusan14 Sun 14-Jun-20 15:24:59

Obviously there is a lot of racial and political dialogue in the country at the moment with the BLM protests. I have been very shocked by the response of some of the people I'm close to and consider friends. To the point where I have questioned and even ended some friendships over it.

FWIW I support the protests and believe there should be more equality. My ex and his family are totally ignorant, closet racists who are shamefully vocal about their terrible views. In fact they're not even closet racists they are proud and unwavering in their all lives matter stance and not in the slightest bit interested in learning anything about history and race that might change their views. It's ok, it's their choice and I don't have to listen to it. But sadly my kids do and while I'm working hard to make them tolerant and broad minded I just think they are going to get such mixed messages from their dads side especially now when it's such a big talking point.

In fairness their dad isn't as bad as his parents and siblings but they all get together often and I know my kids will be hearing things I don't agree with. They aren't just racist but homophobic, they mock any religion or culture or way of life that isn't like theirs and I don't know how me and my ex can really co parent on this issue with such different views. At the same time I don't want my children being confused and fed hateful information. Anyone else experiencing this?

OP’s posts: |
SunshineSusan14 Sun 14-Jun-20 16:05:59

Bump

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »