Talk

Advanced search

How long after your abusive marriage was over did you feel like you could move on?

(7 Posts)
OhioOhioOhio Sun 14-Jun-20 14:20:56

Feeling really sad today. Feel like I'll be forever stuck in this lonely moment.

OP’s posts: |
ComeOnEileen11 Sun 14-Jun-20 14:30:44

I left my abusive DH in June 2012, met now DH in September 2013.

Sorry to hear that you are lonely. Are you able to go on any socially distant walks with friends and family? Do they know what you've been through? flowers
I was in my mid 20s when I left abusive DH so threw myself into my new job and partying with friends. Not my cup of tea now, but it kept me occupied and didn't allow me to dwell.

I'm sorry for what you've been through. Was it a recent split? flowers

OhioOhioOhio Sun 14-Jun-20 14:33:47

It's been nearly five years. I feel like I'm over him but I realise that I can't imagine trusting anyone again ever.

glisteninginkcap Sun 14-Jun-20 14:51:31

Left mine Oct 2018; I'm not even vaguely ready. Self esteem is too low and time is far too scarce being on my own with a toddler. I sometimes think it'd be nice, but then I think of the risk of another man turning out to be an utter piece of shit and the thought of exposing my little boy to that sort of unhealthy, toxic crap while he's growing up... NOPE. Looks like it's going to be a lonely road for me.

OhioOhioOhio Sun 14-Jun-20 14:55:48

Yeah pp I'm scared that that's how I feel too.

Bananasplitlady Sun 14-Jun-20 15:05:50

My marriage ended a decade ago and I have not had a serious relationship since. I have had several FWB and lots of dates but I am not interested in having a fulltime relationship. The minute a man gets too needy or starts thinking we are in anyway serious, I end it.
I have a lovely life with my dc and there is nothing a man can bring to it that would improve it in any way.

OhioOhioOhio Sun 14-Jun-20 15:16:47

Pp how did you meet them? I never meet anyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »