Talk

Advanced search

Trial by media

(1 Post)
DaisyChain31 Sun 14-Jun-20 00:01:14

I've just watched the third episode of a documentary on Netflix called trial by media.

It's about the shooting of Amadou Diallo by 4 police officers that happened in 1999 in New York.

There is one phrase that one of the interviewee's says that has really affected me. He said "some people don't believe we (black people) are fully formed human beings".

Then it dawned on me, this is the attitude of some people. They are just useless animals that can be put down and no one will really care. It's sickening.

I don't particularly agree with protests taking place in a coronavirus world but I'm wondering how we can change this? If a black person can become president of one of the most powerful countries in the world and a black person can become the highest paid and most respected talk show host in the world and that doesn't change things, what exactly will? How do you stop it?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »