Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to help me find this book

(6 Posts)
chrestomamci Sat 13-Jun-20 22:45:09

I’ve spent hour and hours desperately trying to search for a book I had as a small child (late 80s / early 90s)
I don’t remember much but I’m really sure the first story was about a girl who really wanted to buy a beautiful marionette puppet from a toy shop and when she went to buy it a little boy wanted. I’m sure she ended up giving it to the little boy (I feel like he had a sad backstory) the other story I remember is about a pair of old boots and a new pair of boots. The new shoes are really mean (I clearly remember the illustration of the boot / shoe stocking it’s tongue out). The old boots are just really muddy from being worn to work but then the owner cleans them up and they look lovely and new again and get worn loads.

I’m sure the cover was blue with a big Illustration in the centre. I can’t remember much else just that the illustrations were really pretty

It’s driving me nuts

OP’s posts: |
CaptainCallisto Sat 13-Jun-20 22:51:59

It sounds vaguely familiar to me - maybe one of the Enid Blyton short story collections? Irritatingly I've got all my old ones upstairs in DS2's bedroom, but there's no way I can get them out to check without waking him up...

Witchend Sat 13-Jun-20 23:08:24

I was thinking Enid Blyton too.
You could ask on the Enid Blyton forum.

Girlmama Sat 13-Jun-20 23:48:48

Oh this is driving me crazy because I'm sure I know what you mean. It was shirt stories in a hardback book, maybe slightly smaller than a4 size. I believe another if the stories was about a girl who either lost or found a doll? Emily???? Please someone come with the solution!

Girlmama Sat 13-Jun-20 23:49:43

Sorry about the typos. I texted in frustrated excitement

mrsbyers Sun 14-Jun-20 00:52:04

The fairies shoemaker and other short stories by Enid Blyton ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »