Talk

Advanced search

Trying to conceive with a uterus prolapse

(22 Posts)
xayshx Sat 13-Jun-20 17:01:54

Hi Ladies

Me and my partner have been trying to get pregnant for over 5 years now - we found out he has low sperm he has meds etc to boost this still no luck... Now I am thinking it could be due to my prolapse I have a 2nd degree prolapse and I have read this can be a cause to not get pregnant as the sperm dies before getting to the moist part of the vagina due to the uterus being prolapsed.

I have one child which I am so grateful for we have no trouble conceiving him 9 years ago... I wondered if anyone has had a prolapse and is in the same situation as me.... I have contemplated having a ring put in to push my uterus up but is it worth it? Will it help my chances to conceive?

I will be seeing my doctor to discuss this but with COVID I feel its not an emergency...

Thanks ladies any advice would be amazing I'm all googled out x

OP’s posts: |
Jupiter15 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:09:23

I wasn’t aware that it could cause difficulties conceiving but there’s no harm in trying a ring pessary if there’s a chance that might help.

xayshx Sat 13-Jun-20 18:19:17

Neither was I but apparently it does 😢
It would be so nice to hear if people have conceived with prolapsed uterus a positive is always uplifting ❤️

Itisme90 Sun 14-Jun-20 00:37:30

Hi reading your post and I was thinking the same I have a 2nd degree uterine prolapse I am currently TTC DC2 it has only been a few months of trying but would love to hear of anyone with this type of prolapse if they found it difficult to get pregnant.

xayshx Sun 14-Jun-20 09:03:57

Itisme90 I only recently found out about it being a blocker to conceiving - have you spoke to your doctor? I am really thinking about getting a ring put in and who knows after 5 years of trying a miracle might happen 🤷‍♀️ good luck with it all please keep me posted it would be lovely to know you have conceived🤞❤️

Itisme90 Sun 14-Jun-20 09:53:05

I haven’t spoken to my doctor just with Covid going on I don’t think it enough of an emergency plus they are only doing video call right now so going to wait maybe a few months but yeah I was thinking of asking for a ring too. I have seen a lot of threads on here where ladies have successfully gotten pregnant with our type of prolapse so that is encouraging. I will definitely keep you updated I am on my 2WW just now so fingers crossed I really hope a ring works for you keep me updated too ❤️

DrManhattan Sun 14-Jun-20 09:56:43

Nothing to add from a helpful point of view but all the best. Good luck xxx

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Sun 14-Jun-20 10:05:12

If you have a prolapse, wouldn't carrying a baby be a problem?

xayshx Sun 14-Jun-20 10:46:17

@supermoon no it won't be a problem it's only an issue if you are at stage 4 as you are bulging out of the vagina - perfectly safe at stage 2 as its just slightly descending x

GinDaddyRedux Sun 14-Jun-20 11:04:01

Hey OP. Just trying to be helpful, but this board is called "Am I being unreasonable?" and so you might not get all the helpful replies your topic really needs.

Have you tried www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception as a place to post this?

There are over 30 topics with replies from today (Sunday 14th) so this isn't one where you need to post for traffic etc

Good luck with everything

xayshx Sun 14-Jun-20 11:39:32

Thank you I have posted it in the conception section 😊

lucyintheskywithcz Sun 14-Jun-20 12:11:11

I've had three babies with a prolapsed womb and been pregnant more times than that (had a number of mc) wasn't an issue at all for me

xayshx Sun 14-Jun-20 13:10:45

@lucyintheskywithcz that's so reassuring thank you ❤️

FluffyKittensinabasket Sun 14-Jun-20 13:18:34

Why would you wait to see a GP? Life isn’t just about Covid19. Ring up and make an appointment!

xayshx Sun 14-Jun-20 13:22:57

I didn't know if I could - OK I'll ring Monday and get an appointment 😘

Itisme90 Wed 17-Jun-20 19:31:20

@xayshx how did you get on did you manage to get an appointment with your doctor

xayshx Wed 17-Jun-20 19:41:03

@itisme90 I have managed to get an appointment for Monday but a phone call as they are not seeing anyone unless its an emergency - I have told them the reason is I want a ring put it so fingers crossed they do it as I'm on my period this week so it will be in time for my fertile window!!
I will update you once I have spoken with her 😊

xayshx Wed 17-Jun-20 21:16:43

@Itisme90 I have managed to get an appointment for Monday but a phone call as they are not seeing anyone unless its an emergency - I have told them the reason is I want a ring put it so fingers crossed they do it as I'm on my period this week so it will be in time for my fertile window!!
I will update you once I have spoken with her 😊

Itisme90 Wed 17-Jun-20 21:25:23

I haven’t called my doctor yet mine is only doing phone calls too and that has put me off. I hope you can get a ring quite quick then I am due my period at the weekend so still hoping this is my month yeah let me know how you get on

xayshx Wed 17-Jun-20 21:39:00

@Itisme90 fingers crossed you get a positive and then you won't need one 🤞🤞

UnicornPug Wed 17-Jun-20 21:52:15

I conceived with no issues. I tried a ring, but my prolapse is awkward and I couldn’t keep it in. Didn’t stop me getting pg with number 2- it was actually quicker. Fingers crossed for you!

Itisme90 Wed 17-Jun-20 22:56:00

@xayshx thank you I will definitely keep you updated.

@UnicornPug that’s great to hear I hope it is the same for me. How was your pregnancy with your prolapse did you give birth naturally and did it make your prolapse worse?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »