Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be narked off with dh....

(10 Posts)
3andnomore Sun 23-Sep-07 22:19:15

because, well, he is in the Army, and Friday 2 weeks ago he went away to Kasachstan (sp)....and I haven't heard from him since, and it was meant to be a 2 weeks exercise, so, sort of assumed him to be back today ...but no....not here, no answer to textes or anything...am a bit worried, and a lot peed off...
sigh...sorry just needed the rant, really...

kittywits Sun 23-Sep-07 22:30:14

Hope you get some news soon and a big 'sorry' pressie grin

2shoes Sun 23-Sep-07 22:30:18

yanbu
thats men for you

3andnomore Sun 23-Sep-07 22:39:03

pressie...you must be joking...lol...thing is I know what he is like..I eman, we have been married for 12 years...but when he was in afghanistant he was always calling me, etc...so, I mean, one phonecall to let me know he is o.k. and when he is going to be back would have been nice...
did get a lovely anniversary card...very him...but he must have send that off from Leicester, ratehr then russia, so, ebfore he went...

seanhughes Sun 23-Sep-07 22:51:00

I think they have a 'work' mode that they click into, and they genuinely don't think about much else. My dh is serving, too, and def makes a mental switch between home and work. So it probably hasn't even occurred to him that you might be wondering when he's coming home!!
Alternatively, perhaps the facilities there are awful and it's hard to get in touch?

seanhughes Sun 23-Sep-07 22:51:22

Oops, must change name back!!

callmeovercautious Sun 23-Sep-07 22:54:16

Hi 3andnomore. I suspect he has no signal there. It is a bit remote. You know what they are like, plane will have been delayed or a truck broke down etc and unfortunately the wives are the last people they will tell about a dely sad Are you sat up waiting in your best undies wink

3andnomore Mon 24-Sep-07 11:56:36

rofl, best undies indeed...

well, turns out, he didn't actually took his mobile with him at all, as it was a tent camp thing, and he was worried it would get stolen.
He called last night at 11pm, when he arrived in Brize Norton...and arrived home sometime during teh night...

Thing is, as we don't live in married quarters, and aren't attached to a regiment anymore (he works with teh TA, but as a regular sgt...) well, I never know what's ahppening, lol! Should be used to it by now...

callmeovercautious Mon 24-Sep-07 21:06:35

Glad he is home safe!

3andnomore Mon 24-Sep-07 21:19:41

poor thing, is badly jetlagged....(just hoping he won't infect us with teat d&v virus they all got whilst there....shudder...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now