Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to do here

(5 Posts)
sleepydragons Sat 13-Jun-20 06:56:24

Dd is at school on Monday and Tuesday for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon for year ten lessons. I'm not sure what to tell her to do in those two hours, it's a 20 minute walk so she could walk home for about an hour or so at home and then go back. She's got no idea what her friends are doing. No lunch facilities will be provided at school and they haven't said what their expectations are, obviously I can't ask now. Wwyd ?

OP’s posts: |
Yogamad38 Sat 13-Jun-20 14:33:02

Can you email the school for advice ?

sleepydragons Sat 13-Jun-20 15:05:07

Not at a weekend when it's 9am on Monday that they have to be there and I will be out at work, no.

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Sat 13-Jun-20 15:10:48

Could she text her friends/could you text other parents or appeal to them on Facebook if there’s a parents group for the school on that?

Elieza Sat 13-Jun-20 15:37:12

I used to walk home for lunch daily and it took me that length of time. Lots of pupils did so I wasn’t alone. It felt safe.

See what her friends are doing and plan round that. Perhaps they can walk home together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »