Talk

Advanced search

to think that this bint on the train needs to learn some fecking manners

(16 Posts)
Bouncingturtle Sun 23-Sep-07 21:13:16

DH & I are travelling up from London on train, sue to bridge works we had to change at Doncaster. Got on to a table with these two blokes. This is in the first class carriage - as dh is a GNER time member so we get free 1st class tickets.
Long tiresome journey due to many hold ups caused by said bridge works, but fortunately the pair sat with us were very pleasant and chatty and we had a good conversation going. Now I would definitely say we were NOT excessively loud, we were carrying on a conversation in reasonabley normal manner, but this woman sat across the aisle and behind us (so not directly opposite us) took upon herself to get up and ask very rudely if we had first class tickets!! I said yes, and why?
Apparently she objected to our loud (in her opinion) conversation and started having a go at me and DH, DH basically said to her well if we are being too noisy you could have just asked if if we be a bit quieter, there was absolutely no need for her to ask in such a snobby way if had the right to be there! He told her that he took offence at her looking down her nose at us.
In which case she sat down and shut up. What really got me was she did it when cabin crew were coming up to serve so she obviously expected them to kick us out of the carriage. And to make things worse, the train was full and standing in places, and I'm quite clearly heavily pg - so if we HADN'T had 1st class ticket, I would have had to stand for the rest of the journey.
Still I felt a bit better when I realised she had drunk a very large bottle of wine and (according to our table companions) a couple of vodkas - so I guess she was a bit pissed. I know one of the crew was getting pissed off with her coz she kept hassling him about the fact she was getting off at Durham.
She herself was being quite noisy earlier, carrying loud conversations on her phone.
I think having good manners and treating people how you wish to be treated counts for a lot more than what "class" you think you are....

Bouncingturtle Sun 23-Sep-07 21:13:41

Blimey this turned into a bit of essay - well done if you made it to the end grin

Bouncingturtle Sun 23-Sep-07 21:15:55

apologies for bad grammar and spelling, rather tired now!
I meant "if we had the right to be there

geekymummy Sun 23-Sep-07 21:19:37

YANBU! She was rude, obnoxious and by the sounds of it, drunk.

Lorayn Sun 23-Sep-07 21:21:38

YANBU, should have told her you didnt have tickets but were planning on pushing her out at the next stop and pinching hers grin

RGPargy Sun 23-Sep-07 21:23:51

I would have told her to mind her own bloody business!!! Stupid cow!!

YANBU!!

MaryBleedinPoppins Sun 23-Sep-07 21:24:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bouncingturtle Sun 23-Sep-07 21:26:39

Lorayn - darn why didn't I think of that grin

StealthPolarBear Sun 23-Sep-07 21:41:25

I live in Durham shall I go and wait on the platform and give her a look from you?

MaryBleedinPoppins Sun 23-Sep-07 21:42:41

Bouncingturtle Sun 23-Sep-07 21:43:02

That's very kind, but Dh managed to give her plenty of filthy looks anyway.
Besides, she might have fallen down in a drunken heap somewhere by now!

Pathetic snotty piss head with issues. Put her out of your mind!

StealthPolarBear Sun 23-Sep-07 21:50:03

Just realised I've probably had a bit too much wine to drive I will send her "Lose your ticket before you have to go through the barrier" vibes instead

StealthPolarBear Sun 23-Sep-07 21:51:48

And MBP - is it you that keeps singong "Just a spoonful of bleeding sugar" outside Millburngate?

MaryBleedinPoppins Sun 23-Sep-07 21:59:55

miobombino Sun 23-Sep-07 23:10:52

I'd have pretended not to hear her, thus making her repeat her rude query louder and louder before saying "Oh you'll have to wait and see, won't you ?". This might have made her get up to fetch the guard, thus making even more of a tit of herself than she already appears to have done.

But my manners have gone to pot this week due to pmt, so perhaps that's not a very elegant response.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now