Talk

Advanced search

Men staring at my breasts

(237 Posts)
comeagaintomorrow Fri 12-Jun-20 18:13:34

I'm just fed up of pretty much every man I pass on the street staring at my boobs. angry Should I put up with this?

With the weather having been a little warmer, naturally I've wanted to wear things a little cooler. But I'm not going out with my tits spilling out! Just crop tops, etc.

Can't we expect better?!

OP’s posts: |
firsttimemum30 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:16:08

Are you sure they're staring at your breasts? Crop tops show your tummy, perhaps they're staring at that.

Windyatthebeach Fri 12-Jun-20 18:18:30

Write Fuck above the right boob and Off above the left one..
grin carry a wrap incase you see any dc..

comeagaintomorrow Fri 12-Jun-20 18:20:31

@firsttimemum30

That's true, but I'm pretty sure 95% of them are looking my breasts. It's really awkward. Most of my tops show a bit of cleavage, but nothing out of the ordinary.

comeagaintomorrow Fri 12-Jun-20 18:21:38

@Windyatthebeach grin

Not a bad idea!

PolPotNoodle Fri 12-Jun-20 18:22:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Destroyedpeople Fri 12-Jun-20 18:23:53

No offence but if you are wearing crop tops that show your cleavage. ..people will look they can't help it. Not that I am saying you should wear a high necked frilly blouse or anything.....

Merryoldgoat Fri 12-Jun-20 18:24:39

Sure.

Destroyedpeople Fri 12-Jun-20 18:25:52

Anyway if it's hot wearing a 'skimpy' top really isn't going to cool you down quite the opposite.

ShinyFootball Fri 12-Jun-20 18:28:01

Men stare at a woman's breasts in what sounds like a perfectly standard top

Woman told to cover up

Great.

ShinyFootball Fri 12-Jun-20 18:28:42

'people will look they can't help it.'

I am more than capable of not staring at women's breasts.

isabellerossignol Fri 12-Jun-20 18:31:07

If you don't want people (and I mean all people) to look at your tits then don't have them out.

That's charmingly naïve. When I was a skinny teenager unfortunately cursed with large breasts I never showed an inch of skin because I was so ashamed. Didn't stop people staring, commenting and touching though.

Givingup123456 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:31:45

Men probably stare at them when they are covered up too. Men like breasts. And unfortunately they will always be some that gawp. You either ignore and carry on and or say something. Or wear something else if you think it's the crop tops. Not that you should have to. But if it makes you uncomfortable then you need to do something because you can't control others. However I would just keep doing as you are doing with a quick 'oi! My eyes are up here!'

Thesearmsofmine Fri 12-Jun-20 18:32:23

I used to get this all the time and still do sometimes(less now as I am older/with dc). I have big boobs and and should be able to wear a standard vest top on a warm day without men staring.
I can’t believe women is 2020 are still being blamed for men staring at them.

PolPotNoodle Fri 12-Jun-20 18:35:23

isabellerossignol

*If you don't want people (and I mean all people) to look at your tits then don't have them out.*

That's charmingly naïve. When I was a skinny teenager unfortunately cursed with large breasts I never showed an inch of skin because I was so ashamed. Didn't stop people staring, commenting and touching though.

Its not 'charmingly naïve' at all. I had D cup breasts at the age of 11, I know that people will look at the outline of breasts regardless of what's on them.

The OP wishes to wear crop tops and not have men (that is the real charmingly naïve comment as everyone will look) ogle her breasts. If you don't want to have part of you looked at, you don't accentuate it.

WorraLiberty Fri 12-Jun-20 18:36:40

Pretty much every man?

Blimey

Twistedinknots Fri 12-Jun-20 18:37:24

I'm a size 12 with very large breasts. I can make almost any high street top look indecent.

I have to choose my clothes very carefully, Bravissimo is my friend - and yes I still get stared at and feel uncomfortable at times despite approaching 40.

espressoontap Fri 12-Jun-20 18:38:31

A crop top is pretty skimpy just to wear walking down the street.

SiaPR Fri 12-Jun-20 18:39:48

The OP wishes to wear crop tops and not have men (that is the real charmingly naïve comment as everyone will look) ogle her breasts. If you don't want to have part of you looked at, you don't accentuate it. why is it naive to state the real issue? It is men that look. And wearing a crop top is absolutely not an invitation to look at her boobs.

ShinyFootball Fri 12-Jun-20 18:40:38

The idea that women and girls will always be leered at so they'd better get used to it is really depressing.

We end up having to put up with and awful lot of shit from a very young age because that's what men are like and it's impossible to be otherwise.

Men have brains and control of their heads, eyes, hands etc

Twistedinknots Fri 12-Jun-20 18:40:58

I would never, ever wear crop tops!!

vest tops show an indecent amount of cleavage in the wrong people.

ShinyFootball Fri 12-Jun-20 18:41:34

Men stare if you have big breasts whatever you put over them. Although I suppose a burqua might help. Have you considered that OP?

devildeepbluesea Fri 12-Jun-20 18:42:08

Is this some creepy kind of stealth boast?

SiaPR Fri 12-Jun-20 18:42:23

Twistedinknots

I would never, ever wear crop tops!!

vest tops show an indecent amount of cleavage in the wrong people.

Who are the wrong people? Women? Women with large boobs?

Dragonembroidery Fri 12-Jun-20 18:42:39

Wait until you're over 40. Then you'll miss it.
I wouldn't mind one bit being admired and not ignored.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »