Talk

Advanced search

To ask the best way to clean a flat screen TV

(10 Posts)
SerenDippitty Fri 12-Jun-20 13:59:04

Mine is covered in smears and I can’t get them off!

OP’s posts: |
postyourlunch Fri 12-Jun-20 14:00:12

I use a specific screen cleaning kit I bought from amazon

Kim82 Fri 12-Jun-20 14:05:02

I just squirt some furniture polish on and wipe off. Seems to do the trick.

MikeUniformMike Fri 12-Jun-20 14:08:39

glass cleaner and glass cloth.

I read somewhere that wiping with a drop of hair conditioner keeps dust off but I've never tried it.

PerditaMacleod Fri 12-Jun-20 14:15:53

I always used to use glass cleaner and a cloth but then I read that you shouldn't use any liquid. I now use only a microfibre cloth, you have to rub quite firmly but it does take off smears.

MikeUniformMike Fri 12-Jun-20 14:19:31

You need a glass cloth - it's not expensive, you can get one in home bargains, pound shop, t.k max or lakeland. You don't need to use liquid, just dampen it with water.

I suggested the liquid as OP said it was covered in smears.

redwoodmazza Fri 12-Jun-20 14:26:46

Microfibre cloth - damp on one end to wipe and dry on the other end to buff.

Auridon4life Fri 12-Jun-20 14:37:54

Hand sanitiser and micro fibre cloth

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll Fri 12-Jun-20 14:39:06

Watch an omnibus edition of old Mary Whitehouse footage grin

We just use the normal household/kitchen wipes. That's probably going against all official guidelines, but it works and hasn't caused any adverse issues. A baby wipe would do the job too.

The problem with the official screen wipes is that they usually come with loads of them rolled up in a big plastic tube and 90% of them go dry and crusty long before you come to use them. The ones in individual sealed sachets would likely be better, albeit quite wasteful packaging-wise.

JustC Fri 12-Jun-20 14:43:21

Glass cleaner sprayed on soft cloth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »