Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what delights the "summer catch up" schooling will bring?

(7 Posts)
nanbread Thu 11-Jun-20 18:57:56

What fresh hell will be unleashed on us and our children when we were looking forward to 6 weeks of no home fricking schooling

Any guesses what this Government might have planned?

OP’s posts: |
Cherrysoup Thu 11-Jun-20 18:59:42

Don’t panic, it will never happen. Teachers will refuse and kids won’t engage with it. I’ve hardly been sat doing fuck all these past couple of months!

nanbread Thu 11-Jun-20 19:07:10

There are some rumours that it will be outsourced to some of these massive, probably awful private education / tutoring companies. How the hell that will actually work is anyone's guess.

OP’s posts: |
Waxonwaxoff0 Thu 11-Jun-20 19:15:07

I won't be sending mine if it happens, I'm furloughed so we've managed to do all the set schoolwork.

He's Year 2 though and I expect the focus of this would be for secondary age children rather than primary.

rawlikesushi Thu 11-Jun-20 19:20:13

Unless it's compulsory, with consequences for non-participation, many of the kids who need it won't engage with it anyway.

CallmeAngelina Thu 11-Jun-20 19:21:33

Don't know. Don't care. Won't have ANYTHING to do with it on any level.

BlackeyedSusan Thu 11-Jun-20 19:23:30

they are not going to be any less disabled in the school holidays so not going to be able to engage any better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »