Talk

Advanced search

To hate when men do this

(28 Posts)
blueroses1 Mon 08-Jun-20 09:36:19

When they stick their bottom lip out like a baby. It usually happens when they're pretend sulking.

It gives me the rage and I don't find it cute or funny. I find it pathetic. Yes I know it wouldn't be attractive on women either but I haven't come across a woman who does this IRL.

OP’s posts: |
Lockeduporknockedup Mon 08-Jun-20 09:38:54

I do this all the time, but only to my husband or close family. I can understand why you'd find it unattractive when a man does it if you're attracted to the more masculine man? Maybe it doesn't irk you or you don't notice when women do it because you're not attracted to women in the first place or don't want them to be masculine? This is all just a guess, but I could be completely wrong - for all I know, you might not even be a straight woman.

Bathbedandbeyond Mon 08-Jun-20 09:39:37

I do it too.

HannahBanana87 Mon 08-Jun-20 09:42:18

Ew.

MrMagooInTheLoo Mon 08-Jun-20 10:09:40

I've witnessed women going all squeaky voiced and pouting to get someone else to do something for them.. Drives me mad

TheFaerieQueene Mon 08-Jun-20 10:10:52

I can safely say I haven’t ever seen an adult do this. I’m obviously a lucky woman

Trevsadick Mon 08-Jun-20 10:11:29

If they are doing it seriously, then yes it would be.

Both me and my dp do it. In a joking manner.

I have to say, I have known far more women do this and pull puppy dogs eyes, than men.

Mumoblue Mon 08-Jun-20 10:12:27

Yeah I hate this, no matter who does it.
My partner used to do this a lot which definitely backfired because I immediately lose all sympathy and just get annoyed.

That said, when my baby sticks his bottom lip out, it breaks my heart. But he's a baby so it's allowed.

Laaalaaaa Mon 08-Jun-20 10:13:38

I hate when women do the stupid duck face pout. Surely that’s worse - makes them look pathetic.

puffinkoala Mon 08-Jun-20 10:14:41

I hate the duck face pout too. How was that even a thing? Ridiculous.

Wewearpinkonwednesdays Mon 08-Jun-20 10:15:38

My dp started doing a weird baby talk thing when he wanted to have sex. I told him if he kept it up I would never have sex with him again, so off putting, and a sulking pout would be the same.

MaeDanvers Mon 08-Jun-20 10:20:26

I've never witnessed a man doing that! Quite glad - sounds irritating.

LuckyAmy1986 Mon 08-Jun-20 10:30:42

Yes gross- man or woman!!

Sicktaethebackyeeth Mon 08-Jun-20 10:34:39

God, I know 3 women who do this. It’s pathetic

PhoneLock Mon 08-Jun-20 10:38:30

I hate when women do the stupid duck face pout. Surely that’s worse - makes them look pathetic

It obviously appeals to some.

Lynda07 Mon 08-Jun-20 11:05:31

I don't think I've ever seen a man or woman do that. Is it a new fashion?

LongTallSammie Mon 08-Jun-20 11:25:55

I 'hate' it too.

I also 'hate' the duck pout thing that women do.

Actually not hate but find it very childish. Put the pouting men and the duck face women together. Both will be happy then.

Bluntness100 Mon 08-Jun-20 11:28:18

I’ve also never seen any one who is not a young teen or child do the petted lip thing. Anything over fourteen and you’re moving into creepy territory, and a whisker away from baby voices.

LongTallSammie Mon 08-Jun-20 11:28:27

Well on these things can someone tell me why (mainly women) put stupid rabbit bunny ears and whiskers on pictures....

A couple of men from dating sites actually say they aren't interested in women who do that.... it's like a little child thing. I imagine some think it is funny or playful but tends to make them look dim.

notheragain4 Mon 08-Jun-20 11:34:27

I've never seen a grown man do this.

Shinyletsbebadguys Mon 08-Jun-20 11:45:48

Ergh the bottom lip thing on men or women is ridiculous even in jest it instantly makes me lose respect for them.

Completelyfrozen Wed 10-Jun-20 01:33:01

I would prefer the bottom lip out in jest to the endless tongue poking out selfies. Just why anyone would think that poking their tongue out is cute, sexy or playful is rather odd. Looks ridiculous!! I'm sure I'm in a minority though because I've seen so many tongue poking out faces on SM.

DdraigGoch Wed 10-Jun-20 02:14:09

Well on these things can someone tell me why (mainly women) put stupid rabbit bunny ears and whiskers on pictures....

A couple of men from dating sites actually say they aren't interested in women who do that.... it's like a little child thing. I imagine some think it is funny or playful but tends to make them look dim.
Oh I hate this. You're on a dating site, trying to find someone who is attracted to you and you shove a stupid little dog nose and ears on all of your photos. You aren't 12.

NeutrinoWrangler Wed 10-Jun-20 02:19:40

Gross. Huge turn-off. Especially for a man, tbh, though I can't imagine any man I'd respect liking babyish pouting in a woman, either.

MarinePsychiatrist Wed 10-Jun-20 03:04:03

I've also never seen a man do this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »