Talk

Advanced search

To want to scream when in company?

(2 Posts)
introorextro Sun 07-Jun-20 22:07:36

I would say I've always been quite a quiet, shy introvert but I masked it quite a bit in my younger days by using alcohol which did make me more sociable and enjoy peoples company more. Honestly on the 3 days my daughter is at her dads I am so happy and content spending the time alone, it really makes me feel recharged and is what I look forward to each week.

However, I'm now 28 with a daughter so my party nights are few and far between and I'm not keen on having just a few as I find it just makes me sleepy and even more boring.

Anyways on Friday night I picked my friend up from the train station and he stayed for the weekend (not UK), we stayed up till 2 am then the next day we went visiting different friends all day and he stayed again. By the end of the day I was feeling quite frazzled and exhausted. We stayed up till around 12 am last night. Then this morning, I dropped him at another friends house, I then had a few hours just me and my daughter and then him and another friend came over for dinner and they are still here at just past 12 am.

I have a tension headache and feel honestly exhausted and so irritable. I feel I have had no time to myself (which I haven't). I feel I have nothing to add to the conversation. I need them to leave but I hate to come across as rude.

Is this just part of being an introvert or is there something more serious going on? I feel this way after a couple of hours of anyone's company apart from my daughters, then I just want to be alone! Surely it can't be normal?

OP’s posts: |
Russellbrandshair Sun 07-Jun-20 22:10:33

You are completely normal! Check out the book “quiet” for more details.

I’m an introvert too - I love spending time with friends but I need alone time to recharge every day otherwise I feel anxious, stressed and exhausted. A few hours completely alone and I’m fine and ready to go again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »