Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a strange Instagram account for my husband to follow?

(14 Posts)
Lovelyjubbly90 Sun 07-Jun-20 07:56:37

Husband and I not on great terms but we try.

Around a year ago I was looking at who he was following on Instagram and there was a lot of pages for naked women pretty much and I was embarrased my friends/family etc would see this. I didn’t want any arguments so I never mentioned it.

Anyways I’ve checked this morning and he’s removed all of the naked women etc but he’s following an ex big brother stars personal page and also a page about her being a mum and showing pictures of what she does with her children.

Is this weird? Fair enough if he wants to follow her personal account (it’s full of selfies with tits hanging out) but find it odd he’s following her “mum life” one too?

OP’s posts: |
022828MAN Sun 07-Jun-20 07:57:36

What is it about it that makes you feel strange?

Lovelyjubbly90 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:03:42

1 - following 2 accounts of the same person
2 - it’s like a “being a mum blog”, we have children but parenting blogs/ideas is nothing that’s ever interested him in the past

022828MAN Sun 07-Jun-20 08:05:22

So is it that he clearly fancies this woman? Or are you thinking something more sinister?
I'm not being goady, it would definitely bother me. I'd have questioned the relationship when I saw all of the nude accounts too.

fuzzymoon Sun 07-Jun-20 08:08:35

He has probably just followed all accounts by her that's all.

Why check who he follows ?

Can you separate. From what little you've said it doesn't seem like you are together. It may seem impossible but there will be huge relief when it's done.

WarningOtherWives Sun 07-Jun-20 08:09:25

My exH used to follow similar accounts and I found it disturbing. He eventually did the same and narrowed it down to an obsession with one glamour model, but can't say he followed any "mummy" account.

I have a really pessimistic view of this because it was only after 5 years I found out that it has escalated to sending and receiving graphic images on an app called Kik, which he'd been linked to through followers who shared his "interests".

Lovelyjubbly90 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:10:32

Yeah I spose I think he does fancy this woman which is fine whatever, just think it’s odd to follow her mum page that’s all. Why not just follow her personal.

I haven’t checked in a long time but the last time I checked it’s because I noticed a half naked pic on his phone while he was scrolling on Instagram so checked who he was following.

We are still together.

WarningOtherWives Sun 07-Jun-20 08:10:45

*had

...safe to say the second I found the app (and the 50+ contacts) I KIK-ed him out on his arse!

Persiaclementine Sun 07-Jun-20 08:12:55

He probably fancies her

sarahcrawley124 Thu 25-Jun-20 23:12:47

Lovelyjubbly90

Husband and I not on great terms but we try.

Around a year ago I was looking at who he was following on Instagram and there was a lot of pages for naked women pretty much and I was embarrased my friends/family etc would see this. I didn’t want any arguments so I never mentioned it.

Anyways I’ve checked this morning and he’s removed all of the naked women etc but he’s following an ex big brother stars personal page and also a page about her being a mum and showing pictures of what she does with her children.

Is this weird? Fair enough if he wants to follow her personal account (it’s full of selfies with tits hanging out) but find it odd he’s following her “mum life” one too?

Hi
I think it's perfectly normal to be annoyed at that!! I would! My htb follows lots of diff girls on his Instagram and it really bugs me. I now have just taken myself away from it tbh and it's helped me a lot not seeing it. I used to be always checking who he follows and now I just don't look and let it stress me out. Instagram is soo fake!! Just remember that 😘

Regularsizedrudy Thu 25-Jun-20 23:44:50

Well yeah it’s weird but he sounds weird anyway with the naked lady accounts sooo not really unexpected?

Beni1993 Sat 27-Jun-20 12:59:57

I'm so confused, I don't understand why you find it weird for him to follow her mummy blog? Is it because he is male? hmm
I know you said that he has never shown an interest in parenting blogs before, but is it not possible that he just finds this one interesting? Or that people's interests develop and change?
Maybe the real issue is more about your insecurities and you need to have an honest discussion with him, he is your husband after all, and you know what they say about communication smile

GenevaL Sat 27-Jun-20 15:07:15

Sounds like he fancies her and following both accounts lets him see more pics of her. I wouldn’t worry at all about this tbh. He’s never going to meet her. Her account is all an illusion of a tidy house, full makeup and crafting with the kids, no doubt.

PlanDeRaccordement Sat 27-Jun-20 15:11:11

Not something I’d care about tbh. My DH thinks some of the things I follow are weird/strange but I don’t need his approval or to match his interests. You sound oddly controlling to be monitoring which Instagram things he follows. What’s next? His Pinterest feed?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »