Talk

Advanced search

What is your biggest lifestyle indulgence?

(330 Posts)
Thankfucksummerishere Sat 06-Jun-20 21:13:02

Mulling this over as I look through job listings. I think for me it is enjoying fitness classes at different expensive studios, well pre covid it was. Not sure when we will be able to do that again! But I really enjoy it so much and it is definitely not an essential, I'm fortunate to be able to do so. We do live in an eye-wateringly expensive area so I guess that is partly a luxury, although we do need to live in this city for my partner's work.

What would you say is the most luxury aspect of your lifestyle?

OP’s posts: |
Shannith Sat 06-Jun-20 21:14:27

Horse.

Thankfucksummerishere Sat 06-Jun-20 21:15:36

I would love to ride again. Unless whatever new job I secure pays big bucks, that's a way off for me haha.

simplificate Sat 06-Jun-20 21:18:41

It WAS foodiness and eating out. Post lockdown I dunno!

3LittleMonkeyz Sat 06-Jun-20 21:19:17

Food

flatoutpanic Sat 06-Jun-20 21:19:26

It would be a toss up between PT, eating out and nice clothes.

On a weekly basis though, I think we’d spend most on eating out.

SuperMumTum Sat 06-Jun-20 21:19:57

I don't really have any. I buy my kids new books all the time and I buy whatever I fancy at the supermarket but that's hardly a major extravagance. I don't buy new clothes or make up. I don't have a gym membership or an expensive hobby. We go on budget holidays, I run a cheap old car. It's sad really but I just don't want anything. I could splash out more i suppose but I don't like having debt and I want to save up to get some work done on the house

nonevernotever Sat 06-Jun-20 21:20:51

It was my horse. Now that he's gone (died just before lockdown) it's probably clothes and books.

pictish Sat 06-Jun-20 21:21:42

Food and quality outdoor gear.

ScarfLadysBag Sat 06-Jun-20 21:22:19

Nice clothes and other stuff for DD. I suppose a bit of a cop out as it isn't for me, but I don't really spend my money on much else and it gives me so much pleasure buying stuff for her. So I suppose she is a bit overindulged blush as if I see a toy or something I know she would enjoy right now, I just buy it.

m0therofdragons Sat 06-Jun-20 21:23:00

cleaner and I’m hoping to get a pt after lock down. Longhaul holidays.

SenecaFallsRedux Sat 06-Jun-20 21:23:16

It used to be getting my nails done.

Goldduck Sat 06-Jun-20 21:23:31

Food. We now spend a fortune on Ella's Kitchen too now we have our ds. Nice food is something I'd only give up if I needed to. Other luxury would be always getting really good quality shoes and never scrimping on them.

Moltenpink Sat 06-Jun-20 21:23:58

Take-out food from restaurants, especially sushi

covetingthepreciousthings Sat 06-Jun-20 21:24:19

Doing our food shopping at M&S is our luxury.

taraRoo Sat 06-Jun-20 21:25:01

Beauty treatments

zscaler Sat 06-Jun-20 21:26:48

Fresh flowers. I can’t resist them, before I started saving for mat leave I would have regular deliveries of bloom and wild.

1FootInTheRave Sat 06-Jun-20 21:26:55

Horse
Car

ilovecardigans Sat 06-Jun-20 21:27:00

Perfume, wine and elderly dog (vets are expensive!).

So sorry about your horse @nonevernotever. sad

QuestionableMouse Sat 06-Jun-20 21:28:03

Holidays. Nothing really luxurious but I travel a few times a year, just in the UK.

3LittleMonkeyz Sat 06-Jun-20 21:28:08

@SenecaFallsRedux

Yeah me too. I actually forgot today?! It's like I've become accustomed to my own nails again. Right now my indulgences are all food, because there's not much else to do! I used to like getting my hair done and beauty treatment and buying clothes too.

This is a new world

museumum Sat 06-Jun-20 21:28:39

Yoga classes, massages and nice food.
All my “spare” money go on the three things above. I spend the bare minimum on clothes, toiletries and haircuts.

stardance Sat 06-Jun-20 21:29:22

Food- eating out, takeaways.

JacobReesMogadishu Sat 06-Jun-20 21:30:00

Gym/tennis. It’s an expensive gym But so worth it.

Thankfucksummerishere Sat 06-Jun-20 21:30:49

It was my horse. Now that he's gone (died just before lockdown)

@nonevernotever so sorry about your horse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »