Talk

Advanced search

People who don't want to social distance don't want you to social distance either

(2 Posts)
Doyoumind Sat 06-Jun-20 21:05:31

I realise lockdown has officially eased but while I was out with my DC today it was clear that very few people around thought any kind of social distancing was required anymore.

As we walked along it became impossible to navigate around the large groups of people, some of whom are happy to just brush past you and take up all available space.

It's not only youths who are crowding together. I saw lots of people of all ages out in large groups with friends walking together as they would have done this time last year. That's their businesses but they seem to think because they don't care about social distancing it's fine to walk into other people.

A pub doing takeaway drinks meant crowds congregating in a nearby grassy area with nowhere but the hedges to use as a toilet.

I'm in a part of the country where there are concerns about the R number but no one seems to care when you go out and about.

OP’s posts: |
Vallmo47 Sat 06-Jun-20 21:14:22

I agree. We all have different circumstances and feelings on the topic but we can all respect one another by keeping as much distance as possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »